Internal Application: VP, Product
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
As we rapidly expand into new geographies, new verticals (parks and attractions, tours and activities) and new business lines (Pricing as a Service via API), Liftopia is seeking an exceptional product leader to drive this new phase of growth.
About The Company:
Founded in 2005 in San Francisco, Liftopia is a pricing and ecommerce platform for ticketing businesses. Built on a foundation of revenue management, our platform includes innovative e-commerce, yield management, business intelligence and pricing tools.
Liftopia’s Cloud Store provides full service, white label ecommerce for +120 ski areas, water parks, museums, and other ticketed attractions. Liftopia offers Pricing as a Service tools both through our white label web platform (Cloud Store) and using our APIs. Our platform also powers Liftopia.com, the largest marketing and distribution channel for ski ticket products, rentals, lessons, and other mountain experiences. Customers can buy in advance and save at hundreds of ski areas on Liftopia.com. Liftopia’s partners benefit from our network data and get tremendous service as they grow their online sales.
Liftopia is a team of phenomenal people who are good at what they do, willing to learn more, and excited to make a difference in the communities we serve. We are also building a great business. Liftopia currently has partners in the US, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, France, Japan, New Zealand, Australia and Chile.
About The Role:
We're looking for an exceptional Product Leader to internalize, amend and drive our process to deliver great products with the right features, built the right way at the right time.
- Bring informed product vision to the table
- Build a world-class Product Team culture and team at Liftopia!
- Manage and mentor existing Product Team, as well as hiring
- Ensure products shipped are well thought through, are aligned with the goals of the business, and deliver consistent and delightful user experiences
- Maintain clear and consistent communication to all stakeholders throughout the product development process
- Ensure project processes generate great products and result in healthy, happy team members
- Advocate for and represent the product team within the greater organization
You know how to balance building great process with getting your hands dirty to make things happen. You want to leverage your experience to continuously improve our products, the process we use to build our product, and the team doing so. You love exploring data to identify opportunities for improvement, and working on solutions to test after identifying clear success metrics, and are also willing to define a new path forward for users beyond their expectation. You are wondering why we have/haven’t done X, Y, and Z but need to understand the context before you flip tables. You are comfortable working with teams to understand that while there are many great ideas, we cannot do everything and that identifying the best thing to do next is part of the magic of being great at Product. You are obsessed with the quality of your work and are comfortable communicating, even when things are uncomfortable. You want to be part of making a Liftopia a place that people are excited to work at solving interesting problems with people they genuinely care about and are proud of what they have accomplished together. You believe that building a good business can go hand in hand with building a better world.
- At least 6 years of product management experience as an individual contributor within technology companies
- At least 4 years of experience leading product teams & multiple direct reports, including success providing mentorship and professional development paths
- Success leading multi-faceted product teams to success in a healthy way
- Success scaling and building sustainable sub-teams within a product team
- Experience building and managing product prioritization processes to high predictability
- Success working cross functionally to build GTM plans and predictably deliver large scale strategic projects
- Experience with a variety of products, including consumer products, hosted enterprise software products, SaaS products, API products, and mobile/tablet products
- Meaningful experience working as a part of or in close connection with highly technical teams, both product development/engineering and analytics teams
- Experience and comfort baking tech-debt paydown into short, medium and long term platform planning and execution
- Comfort working with a large, complex product set that serves multiple lines of business
- Experience with industry standard BI and Analytics tools
- Driving product direction using well structured data
- Experience managing design, including consumer UX and data visualization
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with hosted e-commerce products
- Experience with API products and integrations
- Experience with revenue management
- Experience with/exposure to large datasets
- Experience/comfort with the following tools/technologies: Looker, Segment, Amplitude, SQL, Braze, Issue tracking tools (we use YouTrack), Algolia, etc
What's In It For You? We thought you'd never ask!
- A strong voice in the future of our company - you'll be a valued member of our management team whose ideas about how to grow a world class company will be vital to our success
- The opportunity to bring our product(s) to global markets
- The opportunity to elevate the performance of a high-functioning business into its next phase of success
Oh, and also…
Nice deals on lift tickets
Liftopia Days (team-wide company off-sites)
Fun, outdoor activity focused culture
Liftopia is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce and fostering an inclusive culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.