Social Media Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA
Social Media Manager at Liftopia in San Francisco, CA
Liftopia is looking for a smart, dynamic and energetic Social Media Manager. You’ll be an integral part of the marketing team and will be the voice of Liftopia to consumers through our social channels. You’ll manage and build upon our existing social channels, grow our content marketing program through the Liftopia blog and manage our presence at consumer-facing events across North America. In exchange, you’ll have the opportunity to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced startup environment that is not just operating in but redefining the most fun niche in online travel.
Role Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage Facebook and Twitter presence – efficiently grow our fan base through viral initiatives, contests and paid ads, while keeping our existing fans engaged with compelling content.
- Develop copy and maintain an editorial calendar for all social channels
- Prioritize investment in new social channels - be the thought leader on an evolving landscape and educate the company on best practices. There’s a lot of clutter and misinformation out there, and your job is to cut through it and build an actionable social media plan that you will execute on.
- Manage the Liftopia blog – this means identifying and assigning blog post topics, managing inside and outside contributors to meet deadlines, editing content, and ultimately ensuring we are creating compelling content that engages our existing fans, drives new user growth and positions Liftopia as a credible source of content and data for media outlets.
- Manage offline consumer-facing events - we’ll travel across the country to consumer facing ski shows, throwing parties for our loyal fans along the way. You’ll own the planning process to make sure it all goes off without a hitch.
- Use data to set quantifiable goals, measure results against goals and react to opportunities and challenges. Regular reporting and ad-hoc analysis will be a key component to the success of this job and you need to be ready to hit the ground running.
What you’ll get from us:
- Ability to get the true startup experience — no rules, no bureaucracy, tons of tough decisions with real impacts on the business
- A real say in the future of the company — you'll be a valued member of the team whose ideas about how to grow a world class company will be vital to our success
- You’re growth will only be limited by your ability to successfully execute on the work you are assigned, and the speed at which you are able to ramp up and take on greater depth and breadth of marketing expertise.
- Broaden your marketing expertise through exposure to other marketing channels including PR, SEM, affiliate, retargeting and e-mail marketing.
Work Experience and Education
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience as a social media coordinator, community manager or similar for a major consumer brand
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, English, Journalism, or similar
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills, with an engaging written voice
- Proficiency in Excel
- Bonus: copywriting and/or PR experience
- You bring passion and enthusiasm for this role and what we're building.
- You aren’t afraid of failure, and are willing to take calculated risks. Sometimes tests succeed, sometimes they don’t. Either way you’ll perfect the testing process, learn from mistakes and employ an Iterative approach for constant process improvement.
- Strong coordination, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills are necessary. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle many constantly changing priorities at once.
- You’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means working long hours and weekends during certain times of the year (our business is highly seasonal, and the workload isn’t always evenly distributed throughout the year).
- You’ve demonstrated an ability to balance day-to-day responsibilities with longer term strategic planning/execution.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment but can also prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight.
- You bring new ideas to the table, but also actively seek input from the broader team.
- You’re resourceful and scrappy – we’re lucky to have a healthy marketing budget, but we still spend every dollar like it’s our last.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Bonus Pool
- Stock Options
- 401k Plan
- Flexible schedule
- Casual, dog-friendly workplace
- Deals on lift tickets
- Liftopia Days!
- Fun, outdoor activity focused culture
- Occasional travel to ski resorts for work purposes
Applications will only be accepted via JobScore. NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, OUTSOURCING FIRMS. Please include:
- A non-generic cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position
- Links to Twitter & Facebook presence that you’ve managed
- Attachment or links to consumer marketing copy that you’ve composed
At Liftopia we’re building tools that are igniting a movement in the ski industry, bringing innovative changes that benefit both mountain resorts and those who love snow. Our technology allows people to book lift tickets and other mountain recreational products months in advance at the best prices for their favorite and new resorts. It helps resorts grow revenue through advance purchase tickets and reach new demographics.
Liftopia is a rapidly-growing, venture-backed company that is already the largest seller of lift tickets online. Our team is the driving force behind our success. We are united by our passion for changing the industry for good and ensuring the success of our product. You belong here if this is something that raises your eyebrows (in a good way). You will join and enhance our already motivated and energetic team. You will be asked to accomplish things you’ve never done before. You will be able to reap the benefits of being able to see tangible results of your effort. You will make a difference.