Seasonal Customer Support Representative (Remote)
Customer Support | Remote | Full Time and Temporary
Liftopia is the #1 seller of lift tickets online and the largest technology provider to the ski industry. We're based in San Francisco, California but also have remote employees across the country. Our team is passionate about helping people go skiing and snowboarding more often!
The Role: Seasonal Customer Support Representative (Remote)
As a Seasonal Customer Support Representative, you will help individuals from all over the world get on the slopes by assisting them in making purchases and responding to issues with existing orders via phone, email, and chat. This position is a great gateway to the ski and tech industries.
Be the first point of contact for our customers
Respond to customers’ incoming calls, emails, and chats
Process existing order inquires, changes, and or edits
Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customers about products on our multiple platforms
Explain to customers how our site and app works
Process resort closures due to weather, road closures, airport closures, and or emergencies
Process payments, refunds, and credits
Monitor industry websites, social networking sites, and customer feedback
Coordinate with our Partner Operations team to help prioritize resort requests
Be the voice of the company to our customers
Other ad hoc projects
- 2+ years of phone-, email-, and chat-based support or customer service
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer and internet skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to learn quickly
- A real sense of humor, level-headed, and composure
- Reliable internet setup at home
- Able to work 6am PST shifts, weekends and/or be on call during peak season.
- Available to work until the end of March 2017.
- Reside in one of the following states: CA, NY, NJ, VT, or WA.
5 shifts per week for a total of 40 hours per week
Shifts start between 6am-9am Pacific
- Schedules will be set as early and with as much flexibility as possible as possible, but will likely include:
- Saturdays and/or Sundays
- Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, President's Day, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years experience supporting an Internet eCommerce site
- Working knowledge of the ski or travel industry (A BIG PLUS)
- Ability to conversationally speak, read, and write in Spanish or French (A BIG PLUS)
What's in it for you?
Competitive hourly pay ($15/hr)
Fun, outdoor-focused culture
Sweet Liftopia swag!
Interested? Apply! And, in your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
1. If you were to accept an offer, how soon would you be available to start?
2. Are you willing to work weekends and winter holidays as outlined in the job description?
3. Are you able and willing to work shifts that start at 6am Pacific?
4. As a remote employee, reliability is paramount. Are you committed to responding to inbound calls and requests immediately when they come in?
5. Give us an example where you had to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability?
6. What does patience mean to you? Feel free to provide examples of practicing patience.
7. When have you received outstanding customer support from someone? What did that sound like? What did you experience?
8. Tell us about a time when you anticipated a problem before it occurred.
9. Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
10. What got you interested in this position at Liftopia?
Liftopia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.