Manager, Market Strategy and Supply (Liftopia.com)
Account Management | San Francisco, CA
Manager, Market Strategy and Supply at Liftopia in San Francisco, CA
We're looking for someone smart, dynamic and energetic to help Liftopia acquire inventory, optimize pricing strategy based on cutting edge revenue management principals and tools, and grow partner relationships with ski areas around the globe. In exchange, you’ll have the opportunity to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced startup environment that is not just operating in but redefining the most fun niche in online travel.
We require at least three years relevant experience and cannot consider you as a candidate for this role if you just graduated from college (although we love your moxie!).
At Liftopia we’re building tools that are igniting a movement in the ski industry, bringing innovative changes that benefit both mountain resorts and those who love snow. Our technology allows people to book lift tickets and other mountain recreational products months in advance at the best prices for their favorite and new resorts. It helps resorts grow revenue through advance purchase tickets and reach new demographics.
Liftopia is a rapidly-growing, venture-backed company that is already the largest seller of lift tickets online. Our team is the driving force behind our success. We are united by our passion for changing the industry for good and ensuring the success of our product. You belong here if this is something that raises your eyebrows (in a good way). You will join and enhance our already motivated and energetic team. You will be asked to accomplish things you’ve never done before. You will be able to reap the benefits of being able to see tangible results of your effort. You will make a difference.
Role Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Drive sales and account management initiatives with a focus on obtaining high quality unique inventory that brings the best deals to our users
- Develop deep relationships with ski area partners of all different backgrounds and personalities across the globe with the goal of creating bonds that transcend day-to-day business
- Help develop successful product and pricing strategies for our partners, rooted in data analytics
- Train partners on use of our platform tools, load and manage inventory when necessary
- Fulfill data requests and manage several analytics reporting and inventory management tools
- Occasional travel to resort partner locations to cultivate long term relationships
- Attend industry conferences and consumer shows when necessary
What you’ll get from us:
- Ability to get the true startup experience — no rules, no bureaucracy, tons of tough decisions with real impacts on the business
- A real say in the future of the company — you'll be a valued member of the team whose ideas about how to grow a world class company will be vital to our success
What we are looking for from you:
- You’ve got 3+ years of experience in jobs that required you to manage disparate relationships, solve tough problems and develop and implement strategic innovations
- You bring passion and enthusiasm for this role and what we're building - revenue/account management experience is a serious plus, but enthusiasm goes a long way
- You’ve demonstrated an ability to balance day-to-day responsibilities with longer term strategic planning/execution
- You thrive in a collaborative environment but can also prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight
- You’re fearless about doing whatever it takes to get the job done, even if it means working long hours and weekends during certain times of the year
- You know how to learn from your mistakes
- You love data analytics and organization, but you bring balance with your smooth communication and people skills
- You’ve got an undergraduate degree from a top tier school
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Bonus Pool
- Stock Options
- Flexible schedule
- Casual office
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Nice deals on lift tickets!
- Liftopia Days!
- Fun, outdoor activity focused culture
- Travel to ski resorts for work purposes
- Free company tattoos
Applications will only be accepted via JobScore. Please include a cover letter explaining why you are a fit for this position. Only resumes with non-generic cover letters will be considered. If you don't include a cover letter you will not be considered and will not recieve a response. Please, NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, OUTSOURCING FIRMS!