Test Engineer (San Diego, CA)
Engineering | San Diego, CA | Full Time
Test Engineer (San Diego Office)
With over 10 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job:
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as a Test Engineer:
- Develop server and mobile automation
- Build test frameworks
- Identify tools and infrastructure needs
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for new feature development
- Define and ensure the quality bar for feature areas
- Define test strategies
You are someone who is:
- A self-starter who is eager to learn, improve, and grow
- Work in a cross-functional team of design, product, mobile, backend, and test
- Able to communicate well
You have the following experience:
- 3 to 5 years experience in testing mobile, web, or API endpoints
- A natural curiosity and ability to break software
- Proven experience mentoring and leading teammates
- Great communication skills
- Strong OOP fundamentals
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
We’d be excited if you have:
- Experience in Java, Swift, Kotlin, C#, or Appium
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience developing location-based services
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Diego (North County), CA. It is not a remote role.