Software Engineer, iOS
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Software Engineer, iOS
Life360 is the largest family service in the world with over 50 Million registered users. Our mission is to help families feel together even when they are apart. We build technology that extends the realm of safety beyond the front door so that families feel safe and synchronized no matter where they are.
In an ever mobile world that has unleashed a torrent of efficiencies in many aspects of our social and working lives, families have been an afterthought. At Life360, we appreciate the potential of technology to reinforce our most cherished relationships and believe that to succeed we must fortify the dynamics that make families strong. It starts with location as the foundation that helps families find their rhythm, liberating them from the tyranny of minor worries and the mundane task of chasing or finding their loved ones. On top of location, we are building services that will augment family life in new and exciting ways, from ensuring loved ones are safe when they’re behind the wheel to providing confidence when children are out late, from simplifying coordination of family activities to securing their home.
Drawing on a decade of experience serving families and our expertise in location, our service recreates the serenity of knowing that those closest to you are safe, even when you’re far apart. Life360 is peace of mind that you can carry with you throughout the day.
We’ve raised over $75m in funding from Google, Facebook, BMW, ADT and other venture investors. The service is available on iOS, Android and Echo devices around the world in more than 15 languages.
Now is the perfect time to join our 75 person strong team based in San Francisco. Not only is our user base growing at a fast pace, our upcoming product releases are some of the most exciting in the company’s history.
- Self-starter who is passionate about her / his work.
- Bias towards action and attention to details.
- Work in a cross functional team of mobile, backend, design, product and test engineers.
- Deliver high quality software with unit tests and automation in a 2 week release cycle
- Take ownership of team wide tasks such as Crashlytics, Battery, Localization, etc.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of iOS experience
- Ability to quickly build and test new features on iOS without sacrificing quality.
- Comfortable in a small and high-growth start-up environment
- Ability to drive a technical initiative in the team
- Familiarity with RxSwift/ReactiveCocoa or functional programming
- Experience with testing on iOS and ability to write performant and battery optimized code
- An app live on the App Store or contributions to popular open source packages
- Experience developing location-based services
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Your own computer built the way you like it
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco (and we are pet friendly - bring the pooch on in!)
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.