Software Engineer I, iOS
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Software Engineer I, iOS (SF Office)
With over 10 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
Examples of work that you will do at Life360 as a Software Engineer I, iOS
- Implement new UI features and fix bugs
- Contribute to improve client-server communication
- Participate in functional and cross-functional meetings
- Communicate the progress and risks to your team and manager
You are someone who is
- A self-starter who is eager to learn, improve, and grow
- Seek feedback through code reviews, design reviews, pair programming, and mentorship
- Deliver high quality software with unit tests and automation
- Work in a cross-functional team of design, product, mobile, backend, and test
- Able to communicate well
You have the following experience
- Hands-on experience in developing iOS apps
- Passionate for technology and never-ending curiosity about the new features in iOS
- Comfortable in a small, intense, and high-growth start-up environment
- Experience coding in Swift
We’d be excited if you have
- Experience working on a commercial app on App Store
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience developing location-based services
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Training courses and workshops
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches
- Your own computer built the way you like it
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.