Software Engineer, Frontend
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Software Engineer, Frontend
With over 10 million active families and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job
- We need someone to own Life360's web experience and build delightful interfaces for our user persona, Peggy.
You're that someone with these relevant skills:
- Full stack engineer: comfortable wearing the frontend engineer and sometimes the backend engineer hat.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Some experience designing websites and web applications, or even a keen sense of design. You know when that button color just looks out of place and you fix it.
- Healthy experience with scale; tens of thousands of requests a second don't make you sweat
- Experience operating and deploying frontend applications
- Agile software development experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
Some of the things you'll do:
- You will build pleasing web experiences in the frontend language of your choice - our primary web application is written in Angular, but we're open to using new technology like React.
- You will build internal tooling that our engineers and product teams will use every day to help make their job easier.
- You will collaborate with Marketing and Design on building out a website to showcase and strengthen Life360's brand
Other things we love about you:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional that understands the importance of craftsmanship and incremental delivery
- Comfortable with the uncertainty of working with new technologies
- Strong and clear communicator that can listen to their team as well as clearly articulate their ideas
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience with Wordpress or another CMS system that is self-managed.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA