Senior Platform Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Senior Platform Engineer
Life360 is the world’s largest network for families available for Android and iOS. Using proprietary location-based technology, Life360 processes over 1.8 billion location requests per day and enables over 50 million families to privately share location, communicate with ease and stay connected with alerts and in-app messaging. The app operates in a convenient and secure way reducing friction and offering peace of mind to make family life easier. Founded in 2008, Life360 has raised $76M in venture financing and is headquartered in San Francisco with 75 employees. For more information, visit www.life360.com.
About the Job
- Our platform team ensures that our APIs and services scale up to millions of users in a short period of time. You'll be a very active contributor to our diverse codebase and be expected to lead projects.
- Engage with feature developers to ensure code is written with performance, scale, and maintainability in mind.
- Use automation tools as often as possible, and develop and improve these tools.
- Wear 1.8 billion requests per day like it's a comfortable pair of pants, traffic doesn't make you nervous.
You're that someone with these relevant skills:
- Code polyglot: we primarily use Python, Go and PHP
- Healthy experience with scale; thousands of requests a second don't make you sweat
- Excellent understanding of data stores, distributed systems, data modeling and their associated pitfalls.
- Agile software development experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- A desire to bring innovative solutions to the challenges of scaling the API and platform
Some of the things you'll do:
- Conduct code reviews and approve pull requests
- Take specs and translate them into reality
Other things we love about you:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional that understands the importance of craftsmanship and incremental delivery
- Comfortable with the uncertainty of working with new technologies
- Strong and clear communicator that can listen to their team as well as clearly articulate their ideas
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience developing location-based services
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, etc.)
- Know the intricacies of MySQL at scale
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Your own computer built the way you like it
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco (and we are pet-friendly - bring the pooch on in!)
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.