Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Infrastructure | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
With over 10 million active families and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job
- You will be in charge of the company’s production systems: bringing up new services, taking down old services, capacity planning for growth, and on-call duties.
- Engage with feature developers to ensure code is written with performance, scale, and maintainability in mind.
- Use automation tools as often as possible, and develop and improve these tools.
- Wear 1.8 billion requests per day like it's a comfortable pair of pants, traffic doesn't make you nervous.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience requiredUnderstand large systems in production.
- Strong coding experience in one of Java, Go, PHP, Python, or Ruby.
- Strong Unix command-line fluency.
- Experience scaling at least one major production environment.
- Experience with at least one major config-management tool, and an opinion about its strengths and weaknesses. (We use Chef. Prior experience with related tools is cool, too.)
- Experience with at least one monitoring and metrics collection platform. (We use Prometheus and Grafana. Prior experience with Graphite, StatsD, CollectD, Sensu, Nagios, Icinga are great.)
- Experience with AWS services including EC2, S3, and ELB and how they work together.
- Ability to jump into unfamiliar systems as root and diagnose host behavior without doing harm.
- Ability to jump into unfamiliar codebases and figure out what they’re supposed to do.
- Ability to follow well-known patterns with consistent naming schemes that anyone can follow.
- Communications-first mindset; everyone on #channel knows what you're doing, while/why you're doing it, and when you're done (*especially* during a production incident).
- MySQL administration or development experience.
- Cassandra administration or development experience.
- Continuous Integration experience with tools such as Atlassian Bamboo, Travis CI, Circle CI, TeamCity, Jenkins.
- Have caused, and fixed at least one major production incident, and have the scars to tell about it.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA