Senior Finance Manager
Finance and Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Senior Finance Manager
Life360 is the largest family network in the world. Our 150 million users make up approximately 50 million families, with a million new families added just last month. Our vision is to be for families what Facebook is for friends and LinkedIn is for professionals, by building products that help make modern life less hectic. We’ve raised over $75m in funding from Google, Facebook, BMW, ADT and other venture investors. Now is the perfect time to join our growing team.
We are seeking a Senior Finance Manager. This position is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage key finance activities - reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Manage our outsourced accounting function, including Accounting Operations, Tax and Treasury.
- Lead financial operational reporting and financial systems management.
- Enhance and/or develop, document and implement accounting policies and procedures for the organization by way of systems and processes that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of Life360
- Work with executive stakeholders to instill a culture of sound financial management
- Perform and direct treasury functions within the business, including banking relationships.
- Support corporate and legal operations, such as cap table management, and serve as primary contact for finance related legal requests
- Manage relationships with banks, Vendors, Insurance providers, Auditors and Tax consultants
- Participate in analyzing strategic company decisions and monitoring business operations
- Support management of existing and prospective investors and BOD relationships
- Manage audits of the business by working closely with external auditing firms at all stages.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation.
- A Team Player: Believes in Life360’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team.
- Technical Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- A Problem solver: Takes charge of creating solutions. Able to thrive in a fast pace-setting
- At least 5 years of working experience in a Control position within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor Degree in finance, accounting or equivalent
- Active CPA or CMA certification preferred
- In-depth understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience with creating financial statements and running the month-end / year-end close process
- Process improvement experience with success in implementing best practices solutions for internal controls and efficient business/finance operations
- Strong skills in MS Office and NetSuite
- Previous experience in managing Venture Debt
- 2+ years of big firm accounting experience
- Experience in M&A and Financial Due-diligence
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Your own computer built the way you like it
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.