Product Manager, Safety
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Product Manager, Safety
With over 10 million active families and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job:
We are looking for a strong product manager to define, build and manage the safety experience in the Life360 service. As Life360 expands its value proposition beyond purely location/mapping, to a full-featured family membership that delivers family “peace of mind”, safety is a critical pillar to really nail. Already, over 10 million families depend on Life360 each day to help them coordinate with their family members and know their family members are safe. But, there is so much more we can do to apply the latest technology to provide even greater safety value to families around the world. From crime alerts & no-go zones to weather alerts, from premium elder care services to premium home security services, Life360 fundamentally believes that we can truly understand the needs of families better than anyone else and apply technology to deliver meaningful solutions custom tailored to the unique dynamics of families. We are looking to this PM to conduct significant research around family safety and build out a strong vision and strategy that will make safety services central to the Life360 brand. It will span making the “free” experience “best in class” to developing premium services that can help to grow the overall Life360 business. We believe we can create services of great value that will disrupt existing inefficient business models such as home security and medical monitoring. This role reports to the VP Product Management in the Product org at Life360.
- Build and manage the safety product/service/business strategy for the company
- Provide ongoing product mgmt leadership for the safety engineering team
- Consistently monitor and improve the core safety metrics for the company - from customer satisfaction/quality to user experience to the subscription/revenue side of the safety business
- Identify, prioritize and execute opportunities to create new experiences that make customers feel safer
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Prior roles in consumer - B2C products
- Ideally, experience in the safety tech space, but not required
- Experience in mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience in premium business models/products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior working knowledge of Agile
- Deeply understand user needs around safety through focus groups, research and data/analytics
- Be a strong and powerful voice across the company for the safety experience
We're a startup, which means that you'll be part of a tightly knit and highly driven team. Some days will be busy, other days will be even busier. But it's never boring, and the work is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right and can inspire others but at the same time, roll up their sleeves and own key components of the business.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA