Product Manager, Location
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Product Manager, Location
Life360 is the largest family service in the world with over 50 Million registered users. Our mission is to help families feel together even when they are apart. We build technology that extends the realm of safety beyond the front door so that families feel safe and synchronized no matter where they are.
In an ever mobile world that has unleashed a torrent of efficiencies in many aspects of our social and working lives, families have been an afterthought. At Life360, we appreciate the potential of technology to reinforce our most cherished relationships and believe that to succeed we must fortify the dynamics that make families strong. It starts with location as the foundation that helps families find their rhythm, liberating them from the tyranny of minor worries and the mundane task of chasing or finding their loved ones. On top of location, we are building services that will augment family life in new and exciting ways, from ensuring loved ones are safe when they’re behind the wheel to providing confidence when children are out late, from simplifying coordination of family activities to securing their home.
Drawing on a decade of experience serving families and our expertise in location, our service recreates the serenity of knowing that those closest to you are safe, even when you’re far apart. Life360 is peace of mind that you can carry with you throughout the day.
We’ve raised over $75m in funding from Google, Facebook, BMW, ADT and other venture investors. The service is available on iOS, Android and Echo devices around the world in more than 15 languages.
Now is the perfect time to join our 75 person strong team based in San Francisco. Not only is our user base growing at a fast pace, our upcoming product releases are some of the most exciting in the company’s history.
About the Job
We're looking for a strong product manager to build and manage the location experience in the Life360 service. From its start, Life360 has been a location company at the core - helping to locate family members in real time on a map along with providing location history - delivering peace of mind to parents and kids alike, around the world. From this base, we have built a places architecture that helps identify where a family member is dwelling and allows for alerts when family members come and go. With billions of location data points collected daily, where we can take the location experience of Life360 is infinite. Leveraging machine learning/data science, we can begin to add location intelligence to the daily experience for our user. Taking our user locations and providing greater context around those locations they are less familiar with can really help families rest at ease. And location is a great starting point for many other types of coordination experiences such as To-Do lists, reminders and messaging. The entire location space is taking off with the proliferation of mobile devices, and Life360 is at the forefront in developing meaningful location experiences for consumers.
- Build and manage the location/places strategy for the company
- Provide ongoing product management leadership for the location engineering team
- Consistently monitor and improve the core location user metrics for the company
- Drive ruthless focus on user experience product excellence
- Deeply understand use needs around location & places through focus groups, research and data/analytics
- Explore additional coordination features tied to location signals - such as messaging, lists, reminders
- Be a strong and powerful voice across the company for the location experience
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Prior roles in consumer - B2C products
- Ideally, experience in the location/places tech space, but not required
- Experience in mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience in premium business models/products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Prior working knowledge of Agile
We're a startup, which means that you'll be part of a tightly knit and highly driven team. Some days will be busy, other days will be even busier. But it's never boring, and the work is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right and can inspire others but at the same time, roll up their sleeves and own key components of the business.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Your own computer built the way you like it
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco (and we are pet friendly - bring the pooch on in!)
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.