PR/Marketing Communications Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
PR/Marketing Communications Manager
With over 10 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job
As Marketing Communications Manager, you will be part of a growing marketing team tasked with making Life360 a household name. You will help make the shift from being known as solely a tracker app to a holistic family membership service. The position will require you to flex your PR and brand partnership muscle. You will look to find unique and creative ways to bring awareness and education to who Life360 is. You have been learning and executing and now you are ready to not only pitch your ideas- you are ready to own them and execute them. The role will report to the VP of Marketing.
What You Will Do
- Own the development and execution of PR and brand partnership strategies that will elevate and raise awareness of the Life360 brand.
- Develop a communications calendar for company news including product announcements, partnerships, growth milestone, etc.
- Manage media relationships and help Life360 proactively and consistently tell our story to the media
- Manage day to day PR agency relationship.
Brand Building & Partnerships
- Shape brand platform, identity and messaging. Help drive the implementation of the brand across the organization.
- Identify new and unique brand partnership opportunities with key influencers in the parenting and education space.
- Build a strong, Life360 community advocate group via parenting communities, events, sponsorship and social media.
- Establish and track brand measurement metrics.
- Work cross-functionally with product, design and engineering to secure resources and develop campaigns.
- 5-7 years in consumer PR, (agency background preferred) and/or in brand marketing.
- In-depth experience with building out brand partnership programs (bonus points if you have experience targeting moms/parents).
- Excellent cross team influence and management skills.
- Excellent writing skills. Strong presentation skills. Ability to flesh out, write out and develop persuasive rationale to support your ideas.
- Creative and solutions oriented. You find ways to get this done in out of the box ways.
- Experience in agency management.
- Experience working at a startup or growth company a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Your own computer built the way you like it
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.