Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Life360 is the largest family network in the world. Our 150 million users make up approximately 50 million families, with a million new families added just last month. Our APIs process over 800 million location points a day, so we have plenty of traffic to play with.
Now is the perfect time for you to join the Life360 team. Not only is our userbase growing at a healthy rate, our upcoming product releases are some of the most exciting in the company’s history and you will be an important part of the team.
- Our platform team ensures that our APIs and services scale up to millions of users in a short period of time. You'll be a very active contributor to our diverse codebase and be expected to lead projects.
- Engage with feature developers to ensure code is written with performance, scale, and maintainability in mind.
- Use automation tools as often as possible, and develop and improve these tools.
- Wear 1.3 billion requests per day like it's a comfortable pair of pants, traffic doesn't make you nervous.
You're that someone with these relevant skills:
- Code polyglot: we primarily use Python, Go and PHP
- Healthy experience with scale; thousands of requests a second don't make you sweat
- Excellent understanding of data stores, distributed systems, data modeling and their associated pitfalls.
- Agile software development experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- A desire to bring innovative solutions to the challenges of scaling the API and platform
Some of the things you'll do:
- Conduct code reviews and approve pull requests
- Take specs and translate them into reality
Other things we love about you:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience required
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional that understands the importance of craftsmanship and incremental delivery
- Comfortable with the uncertainty of working with new technologies
- Strong and clear communicator that can listen to their team as well as clearly articulate their ideas
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Experience developing location-based services
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, ELB, etc)
- Know the intricacies of MySQL at scale
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Your own computer built the way you like it
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.