Lead User Experience Designer (Mobile)
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Lead User Experience Designer (Mobile)
With over 10 million active families and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job:
As our Lead User Experience Designer, you will become a senior member of our 5 person design team. You will be responsible for ensuring that everything consumer-facing in the company meets our User Experience Excellence core value. From overall architecture to interaction design and usability, you will have a strong influence over the development of the Life360 product. Your role will consist of equal parts greenfield innovation as we enter new markets, and ongoing refinement and iteration of the features we have live today.
You have a demonstrated track record of building amazing user experiences for mobile users. You can prove your strong ability to not only come up with creative ideas from scratch, but also shepherd them to production launch across millions of users. You have an extreme focus on quality, and attention to detail is part of your DNA.
Today our primary reach is through our mobile app, but we are also expanding to smart devices like wearables, smart speakers, and in-dash car infotainment systems.You are someone who likes the challenges that new platforms offer.
Ensure overall user experience across all touchpoints is best in class
- Develop overall product architecture and usability guidelines
- Build new products from scratch as a core member of our product and design group
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and production-ready user flows
- Work cross-functionally with execs, engineers and product managers
- Collaborate with other designers to define styles, standards, and interactions
- Maintain the standards on quality of design and UX - the bar is really high
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the company with a strong design voice
- 5-7+ years experience in design with extensive background in consumer-facing mobile products
- Broad background in all design disciplines, with an emphasis on interaction and usability
- Successful track record developing products recognized for world-class design
- Experience working within agile process that includes cross-functional communication with product managers, engineers, and company executives
- Wide variety of skills for creating low-fidelity, high-fidelity, interactive and fully functional designs for mobile
- Strong individual contributor but also able to work as member of larger team
- Familiarity with iOS and Android design patterns and best practices
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to think through difficult problems and deliver strong solutions
We're still a nimble growth company, which means we move quickly and keep process to a minimum. Some days will be busy, other days will be even busier. But it's never boring, and the work is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right but can also be dependable for others as you'll be asked to help your colleagues on a number of other projects.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA