Head of People
HR | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Head of People
With over 10 million active families and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
As our Head of People, you will align our business objectives with employees and management. You will oversee aspects of employee relations, performance management, compliance, and benefits.
- Build credible relationships at all levels of organization and maintain an in-depth understanding of the core short and long term objectives of the business
- Manage and develop Human Resource strategies and processes in a way that support the operational needs of the business and create a high performance culture
- Be our culture ambassador - work with the management team to define our culture values and scale them as we add more team members
- Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, and employee relations and retention
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies; and manage the HRIS
- Manage performance reviews and company surveys
- Oversee benefits with an emphasis on compliance, customer service, efficiency improvement, and cost containment
- Drive employee communications, recognition programs, and effective problem resolution throughout the organization
- Drive consistency, best practices, and improved services across all office locations
- Lead and manage a team of 2-3 direct reports
- 9+ years human resources generalist experience with at least 2 to 4 years working in an HR Director capacity for a high tech startup company
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, performance management
- Strong problem solving and employee relations skills
- Solid project management, execution skills, coaching and consulting skills
- Experience partnering and influencing with business leaders
- Ability to dive deep, attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and develop strong working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to influence employees, managers and leaders through strong business acumen and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A flexible work style and approach based on client needs
- Strong mindset for execution and continuous improvement
- Experience implementing and/or evaluating HRIS technologies is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is a plus, but not required.
We're a startup, which means that you'll be part of a tightly knit and highly driven team. Some days will be busy, other days will be even busier. But it's never boring, and the work is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right and can inspire others but at the same time, roll up their sleeves and own key components of the business.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA