Head of Design/User Experience
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Head of Design/User Experience
With over 10 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are very focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere.
Our team is focused on building technology that helps families feel safe and together even when they are outside of the home and apart. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and tripled revenue in 2017, and we are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
About the Job:
As Head of Design, you’ll have a demonstrated track record of managing product design, brand and research teams. User Experience Excellence is one of our core values, and you will be tasked with not only maintaining this bar but consistently elevating it.
You're an empathetic and proven people manager that possesses the leadership abilities needed to hire, motivate and optimize a diverse team of talented design professionals. Beyond overseeing the design team, you will also work closely with your peers in product, marketing, and engineering partners. While this is primarily a leadership role, you are also someone who biases to rolling up your sleeves and doing actual design work yourself when needed to inspire the team or set the tone.
Today our primary reach is through our mobile app, but we are also expanding to smart devices like wearables, Amazon Alexa, and in-dash car infotainment systems.
- Build a word class product design organization
- Contribute both as a people leader and doer
- Work cross-functionally with execs, engineers and product managers
- Own the visual design language and user experience
- Maintain the standards on quality of design and UX - the bar is really high
- Collaborate and communicate design thinking to teammates
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the company with a strong design voice
- Drive user research efforts across the company
- 10+ years experience in design with extensive background in mobile design for consumer services/products
- Successful track record leading creative teams that have built world-class products
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to and build rapport with study participants, designers, project teams and executives
- Experience measuring and optimizing KPIs through user experience improvements
- Wide variety of skills for creating low-fidelity, high-fidelity, interactive and fully functional designs for mobile
- Familiarity with iOS and Android design patterns and best practices
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to think through difficult problems and deliver strong solutions
We're still a nimble growth company, which means we move quickly and keep process to a minimum. Some days will be busy, other days will be even busier. But it's never boring, and the work is stimulating. We're looking for someone who is a star in their own right but can also be dependable for others as you'll be asked to help your colleagues on a number of other projects.
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay with generous equity
- Free snacks, drinks, and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- The computer of your choice
- Health, dental, 401k and various other benefits
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great dog-friendly office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA