Finance and Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
With over 14 million active users and $90 million in venture funding, Life360 is the world’s largest mobile app for families. Today, we are focused on location sharing and safety, but our mission is to become the must-have Family Membership that gives families peace of mind anytime and anywhere. From personalized location-based alerts that help make daily coordination easier, to advanced sensor tech that can detect if you are in a car crash and automatically send you an ambulance, we are leveraging smartphones to their fullest extent to reinvent how families get through the day.
You will be joining Life360 at a key moment in our history. We doubled active users and more than tripled revenue over the last year. We are scaling our team to accommodate this rapid growth. We currently have 75 full-time employees, with offices in San Francisco, Las Vegas, and San Diego.
Life360 is seeking a Corporate Controller, responsible for all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures. This position reports to the Chief Business & Finance Officer (CBFO).
- Lead our accounting function, including financial reporting, accounting operations, Tax, Treasury, and audit coordination
- Hire, manage, and develop accounting staff. Currently, the team includes one full-time finance manager, in addition to managing our outsourced accounting firm Sagent
- Manage the preparation and filings of financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussions, analyses and supporting schedules
- Evaluate all significant accounting transactions. Research and implement relevant accounting technical standards, and prepare technical accounting memos supporting our positions
- Ensure transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed and supported in accordance with company policies, generally accepted accounting principles, and SOX controls
- Administer the treasury function of the company, including account maintenance, transfers, and credit cards
- Ensure ERP Administration, risk management and regulatory compliance
- Be responsible for all balance sheet and cash flow forecasting
- OpEx management in partnership with the FP&A team. Maintain a high standard of analysis and support for Forecasts, headcount reporting and Executive Reviews.
- Partner with each of our departments to create, maintain, analyze and deliver monthly, quarterly and yearly budget reviews (with executive team)
- Serve as NetSuite primary administrator- knowing the in’s and out’s of the system as well as helping train others on NetSuite best practices.
- Own the preparation, collection and ultimate completion of the Life360’s audits (by partnering with our outside firm)
- Create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board meetings and external reporting.
- Senior Controller with 7+ years of experience
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation
- A Team Player: Believes in Life360’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team
- Technical Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- A Problem solver: Takes charge of creating solutions. Able to thrive in a fast pace-setting
- Current CPA, preferably with Audit experience with "Big Four" or large regional firm
- Experience working at a public or large private tech company as a controller
- Extensive track record in creating financial statements and running the month-end / year-end close process in US-GAAP
- Ability to scale a Finance organization and support rapid growth
- Experience or exposure to an IPO process and Financial Due-diligence
- FP&A exposure in fast moving and volatile operating environment
- Experience in implementing and using financial systems, such as NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify
- Successfully implemented best practices solutions for internal controls and efficient business / finance operations
- Bachelor Degree in finance, accounting or equivalent
- Experience with a foreign listing
- Previous experience with A-IFRS
- Previous experience with SaaS/Subscription and/or ads-based business models
- A sense of humor and the ability not to take yourself too seriously
- Fridays are Work From Home days at Life360
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Free snacks, drinks (three ways to brew your favorite cup of coffee), and food in the office
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401k plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
This position is located in San Francisco, CA. It is not a remote role.