Startup Analyst, Mexico
Operations | Mexico City, Mexico | Full Time
Startup Analyst - Mexico
This position is based in Mexico City, Mexico.
About the company
We have a goal to change the world and so should you. Our vision is to help create an economically empowered and thriving middle class in developing countries around the world. To accomplish this, we are building the world’s first online platform that empowers the emerging middle class to use their online social connections to build their creditworthiness and access local financial services.
This is a fast-paced, startup work environment. You'll have a lot of latitude with how you complete your projects but also high expectations of the output - we have a culture focused on results.
The role: Startup Analyst
As the second member of the team based in Mexico, you will be at the heart of our business and will help us in further developing all areas of our launch and growth. Everyday is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, evangelize best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Lenddo’s business objectives.
You’re role will entail operations and financial responsibilities as well as analytics, business strategy and decision support for our regional leadership team. You will work hand in hand with Mexico’s country manager and cross-functional teams in Colombia, Philippines and New York. Responsibilities include forecasting and reporting of financial and operating results, strategic planning, and market research. You will be an individual contributor and your job will be to spearhead these analyses and drive impactful change in the organization through a combination of opportunity identification, project management, data analysis, and presentation. You will be working for a young, dynamic, international team and will get your own responsibilities right from the beginning.
- Help establish financial and operating targets and ensure alignment with strategic plan
- Identify and maintain meaningful periodic summaries of key financial and operational metrics to drive timely decision making
- Manage, coordinate and support projects with multiple stakeholders both within and outside the organization, and identify and recommend opportunities to increase efficiency, quality and impact
- Create quantitative models including forecast, operational, and financial models of business dynamics; deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders; and understand Lenddo’s product and strategy in order to effectively tailor data analysis and recommendations
- Responsible for the day to day finance & accounting activities
- Provide administrative support to the Mexico Country Manager as required
- Bachelor degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining organization and control
- Superior Microsoft Excel financial modeling and PowerPoint skills