Social Media Manager, Bogotá
Marketing | Bogota, Colombia | Full Time
Social Media Manager - Bogotá
This position is based in Bogotá, Colombia
About the company
We have a goal to change the world and so should you. Our vision is to help create an economically empowered and thriving middle class in developing countries around the world. To accomplish this, we are building the world’s first online platform that empowers the emerging middle class to use their online social connections to build their creditworthiness and access local financial services.
This is a fast-paced, startup work environment. You'll have a lot of latitude with how you complete your projects but also high expectations of the output - we have a culture focused on results.
The role: Social Media Manager
You will be responsible to create and manage the content for Lenddo’s Spanish language blog, websites, Facebook fanpage, Twitter, and any other social media vehicles. You are an Internet savvy and have proven Internet research skills, with a passion for digital trends and innovation and a strong understanding of consumers, social networks and brands. You must be analytically minded and should have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish. The Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for this role will be User Engagement, Member Acquisition and Number of Qualified Loan Applications. The ideal candidate will have a background in digital media, online communications and publishing.
· Interact with our customers to align their needs, with our corporate objectives
· Be the eyes and ears of our brand and our clients’ brands as if your own reputation depended on it
· Minute by minute participation in conversations that surround our content and brand, answer comments, be a mediator
· Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, report to appropriate parties.
· Create content for feeds and snippets in various social media sites
· Conduct keyword research including cataloging and indexing target keyword phrases
· Optimizing tags, on our feeds, sharing sites like YouTube/Flickr and search engines through copywriting, creative & keyword optimization
· Create and update daily, weekly and monthly reports
· Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns
· Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field.
· 5-7 years of professional experience developing and executing social media strategies, Web marketing, or related experiences.
· Understands social media universe including YouTube, StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, forums,
Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc…We’re looking for a social media addict who maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise from among these channels
· Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why
their ideas are analytically sound
· Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content
· Possesses functional knowledge or some experience with HTML/CSS
· Knowledge of search engine optimization-think including basic keyword research.
· Is eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
· Brings to the position outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
· simultaneously while meeting deadlines
· Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent writing skills, editorial sensibilities and communication skills. Fluency in English and Spanish
· Proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and as part of a team.