Senior Software Engineer
Engineering | Makati, Philippines | Full Time
Senior Software Engineer - Phillippines
The position is based in Makati, Philippines.
About the company
We have a goal to change the world and so should you. Our vision is to help create an economically empowered and thriving middle class in developing countries around the world. To accomplish this, we are building the world’s first online platform that empowers the emerging middle class to use their online social connections to build their creditworthiness and access local financial services.
This is a fast-paced, startup work environment. You'll have a lot of latitude with how you complete your projects but also high expectations of the output - we have a culture focused on results.
The role: Senior Software Engineer
Lenddo is looking for a well-rounded, senior-level proactive PHP Developer to join our engineering team. Attention to detail and proper documentation is essential within our small team and fast-paced environment.
The Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for this role will be issue/ticket resolution time and quality of deployed code both in cleanliness and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working with PHP and MVC in an global enterprise environment, preferably in the financial services and/or social networking market(s).
- Developing object-oriented PHP code within our existing Lithium based MVC framework codebase to create new website features, build backend administration and reporting tools, troubleshoot and fix bugs.
- Ongoing goals will include refactoring existing code to maintain extendibility and relevance, building and maintaining unit tests, implementation and documentation of best practices and coding standards as well as keeping current with new technologies related to the field.
- At least 3 years current professional work experience utilizing either Zend, Symfony, Cake or Lithium PHP MVC framework.
- At least 5 years experience programming PHP in an object-oriented environment.
- Understanding of coding standards, best practices as well as common strategies for SEO and site optimization.
- Working knowledge of MySQL and a NoSQL like MongoDB and modern VCS systems like Mercurial and Git.