Senior QA Engineer
Engineering | Makati, Philippines | Full Time
Quality Assurance Engineer - Manila
The position is based in Makati, Philippines. Multiple positions available.
About the company
We have a goal to change the world and so should you. Our vision is to help create an economically empowered and thriving middle class in developing countries around the world. To accomplish this, we are building the world’s first online platform that empowers the emerging middle class to use their online social connections to build their creditworthiness and access local financial services.
This is a fast-paced, startup work environment. You'll have a lot of latitude with how you complete your projects but also high expectations of the output - we have a culture focused on results.
The role: Quality Assurance Engineer
The ideal candidate for this position is someone that is currently using automation tools to create test scripts for a consumer facing web application (retail, not B2B). You can collaborate with both Development and Product management resources to review requirements, create test cases, author scripts and run scripts against release candidates. You are able to evaluate the effectiveness of scripts, analyze results and report to the team in a quick effective manner.
The ideal candidate will have a background in technology. You will have peripheral knowledge of a programming/scripting language, ideally Ruby and HTML. You are intuitive and use common sense approaches when testing software.
- Provide strong technical leadership in Quality Assurance Engineering
- Deliver test suites for highly scalable and reliable business applications using latest web and mobile technologies
- Maintain a suite of existing web and mobile applications and services test suites
- Actively lead enhancing the QA process and automation. Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements.
- Build and Automate end-to-end test scenarios and simulate device behaviors via tests.
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints with respond to rapidly evolving requirements.
- Write smoke, functional, integration, load and regression automated tests against web services APIs (REST)
- Collaborate with the engineering team to fully test the entire product offering, integration points and user interfaces
- Collaborate with development engineers to build, evolve and maintain a scalablecontinuous build and deployment pipeline
- Use Quality and Testing experience to identify test gaps and opportunities to expand our test case coverage
- Participate in sprint planning to provide scope and size of test effort
- Mentor and monitor performance of other QA team members
- At least 5 years of relevant QA technical experience
- At least 3 years of work experience, including programming experience in Ruby or any scripting language
- Experience with testing REST APIs.
- Experience using Selenium for test automation / or any test automation experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2 a big plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies and strong understanding of engineering best practices