Quality Assurance Engineer, Manila
Engineering | Makati, Philippines
Quality Assurance Engineer - Manila
The position is based in Makati, Philippines. Multiple positions available.
About the company
We have a goal to change the world and so should you. Our vision is to help create an economically empowered and thriving middle class in developing countries around the world. To accomplish this, we are building the world’s first online platform that empowers the emerging middle class to use their online social connections to build their creditworthiness and access local financial services.
This is a fast-paced, startup work environment. You'll have a lot of latitude with how you complete your projects but also high expectations of the output - we have a culture focused on results.
The role: Quality Assurance Engineer
The ideal candidate for this position is someone that is currently using automation tools to create test scripts for a consumer facing web application (retail, not B2B). You can collaborate with both Development and Product management resources to review requirements, create test cases, author scripts and run scripts against release candidates. You are able to evaluate the effectiveness of scripts, analyze results and report to the team in a quick effective manner.
The Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for this role will be:
- Ability to add new scripts at a pace that will close our test automation deficit
- Enhance our existing scripts to make them comprehensive and efficient
- Maintain our existing test suite so that it will run in the course of one business day
- Collaborate on Acceptance criteria for all fixes/features
- Write automated scripts appropriate for the acceptance criteria
- Test all new fixes/features for each release, either with automation or manually
- Review, update and create issues in our issue tracking software.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or commensurate experience
- 3-5 years of quality assurance experience
- Strong PC experience,(including Internet, Windows and Server environment)
Key Skills, Qualifications and Traits (E=Essential, P=Preferred):
- E- Strong oral and written communication skills
- E- Strong customer service skills, team player, self starter
- E- Detail oriented, solid technical orientation
- E- Ability to implement Selenium scripts in an Agile environment
- P - Spanish speaking - fluent with written and verbal
- P- Familiarity with issue tracking tools (FogBugz/JIRA/TFS)
- P - Team lead or Management experience
IMPORTANT: Pease submit an English version of your resume.