Business Development / Social Media Intern
Marketing | New York, NY | Internship
We have a goal to change the world and so should you. Our vision is to help create an economically empowered and thriving middle class in developing countries around the world. To accomplish this, we are building the world’s first online platform that empowers the emerging markets middle class to use their online social connections to build their creditworthiness and access local financial services.
We are looking for an amazing, get-it-done kind of person to join our business development team. Reporting to CEO and Director of Corporate Development, you will be part of a small team that is develop our strategic and communications plans for growth and positive social impact. The intern’s role will include assisting with building the Company’s social media presence in the US, as well as research and communications activities essential to an early stage company. The role affords an individual the opportunity to participate in developing the business strategies of a young company, as well as support the growth of a revolutionary technology and finance company. This is a fast-paced, startup work environment. You'll have a lot of latitude with how you complete your projects but also high expectations of the output - we have a culture focused on results.
Sample Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Complete ad-hoc business development and research tasks such as vendor comparisons and new product demand analysis
- Coordinate US social media activities including blog, twitter and facebook
- Track and analyze key performance metrics
- Assist in developing PR strategy, planning and drafting Media & Press Release
- Compile comprehensive database of relevant conferences and media contact
- Identify promotional and industry event speaking opportunities for Lenddo management
- Demonstrated strong interest social causes, microfinance, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with and excited about using technology to change the world
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience with Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to work independently with little direction – but not afraid to ask questions when you have them!
- Undergraduate or graduate students from diverse disciplines with an interest in social enterprise, emerging markets and a basic understanding of business are encouraged to apply. Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, extroverted individual with strong communication and organizational skills. Familiarity with and experience with technology and social media is preferred.
Days/Hours & Duration:
TBD hours per week for a minimum duration of three months. Ideally, candidate will be available to begin immediately on a part-time basis and convert to a full time schedule during summer months. A modest stipend for summer intern may be available.