Sales | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
If you are smart, creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, then we want to work with you. As a member of our sister company, VR Travel, the Travel Agent will assist clients and our sales team with airline reservations and other customer service related items. The successful candidate must be customer service oriented, analytical, organized, self-motivated, while maintaining good interpersonal and communication skills. This is a full-time position.
The Travel Agent’s main goal is to provide excellent Customer Service for inbound and outbound calls, and for email responses to airline travel inquiries. The Travel Agent will report to the Sales Manager and assist in the overall improvement of air bookings, leisure travel sales and customer service oriented initiatives.
This is a full time position located in Salt Lake City, UT.
- Answer and assist inbound air travel requests via phone and email
- Book and provide complete service for general leisure and corporate travel – cruise, hotel, car rental, vacation packages etc.
- Handle outbound courtesy calls, confirming reservations
- Be the Customer Service example – help in defining the “beginning to end experience” with each customer contact
- Coordinate and communicate with internal departments to improve the customer’s experience
- Evenings and weekends may be required.
- Back up agency manager with ARC reporting, Trams & CB+
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills):
We look for these skills and requirements; however, we are flexible if you are amazing.
- ARC certification
- Strong customer service skills and at least 1 years in a travel agency or airline reservation role
- GDS Experience required / Worldspan Experience Preferred
- Experience with airline wholesale contracts
- General leisure travel knowledge and skills – cruise, vacation packages, hotels etc.
- Ability to do ARC reporting if required
- Knowledge of CB+ and Trams
- Call center experience a plus
- Associates degree or equivalent training and experience required
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to work in both a team environment and individually
- Strong accountability and commitment to excellence
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth e-commerce company culture
VacationRoost has a “work hard / play hard” company culture that includes paid ski days, company ski passes, a winning softball team, and company golf tournaments. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and vacation time. Snacks, soda and chocolate are provided on a regular basis.
For more information on VacationRoost, visit our web site at www.vacationroost.com. If you really want to get to know us, visit our Values Page at www.vacationroost.com/corporate/values and our At Play page at www.vacationroost.com/about-us/vacationroost-at-play.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.vacationroost.com/about-us/careers. Please include a cover letter explaining why you fit this position and include your salary history. Resumes with generic cover letters will not be considered and will not receive a response. Please, NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, OUTSOURCING FIRMS, CONSULTANTS OR RECRUITERS.