Senior Developer - Core Systems
Software Development | Salt Lake City, UT
VacationRoost is the industry leader in vacation rentals, ski vacations and white label partner solutions. If you are smart and creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, then we want to work with you. VacationRoost offers the largest and most varied inventory of vacation rentals, lodging, air, car rental and other activities from sea to ski.
By combining proprietary technology along with other industry leading software, we deliver travel and vacation rental products, airfare, car rental, lift tickets and other products with unparalleled efficiency and quality. This technology allows one stop shopping for the customer to purchase the perfect vacation rental – that can include air, ground transportation, equipment rentals and destination activities.
- Develop web-based UI for entering data and configuring business rules
- Develop web services for communication with third party systems
- Write unit tests for all features
- Maintain build and deployment scripts
- Design SQL tables, views, and queries
- Talk through architectural and implementation ideas with other lead developer to collaborate on a solution
- Talk through feature motivation and business need with our business analyst to clarify requirements before building something wrong
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with .NET, preferably C#
- Passion for cutting edge development practices – an “evangelist” for Domain Driven Development and Test Driven Development.
- Experience WCF web services. Services for third party consumption a plus.
- MCAD and MCSD certifications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experienced in OOP. Domain Driven Design, Web Forms MVP a plus
- 3 - 5 years’ experience with SQL. MSSQL and an ORM a plus
Able to adapt to company practices, and suggest useful practices from prior experience that will benefit company
- Experience in the travel industry a plus
- Familiar with OTA Compliant development
- GDS (Global Distribution System) knowledge and experience a plus
VacationRoost has a “work hard / play hard” company culture that includes paid ski days, company ski passes, a winning softball team, and company golf tournaments. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and vacation time, including paid ski days and use of company ski passes.