Graphic Design Internship
Marketing | Salt Lake City, UT
VacationRoost is the industry leader in vacation rentals, helping travelers since 2001 by providing the largest and most varied inventory of rentals from sea to ski. Through combining proprietary technology with industry-leading software, VacationRoost delivers vacation rentals, airfare, lift tickets, car rentals and other vacation products with unparalleled efficiency and quality.
VacationRoost is offering a paid internship position within the Interactive Marketing Team. This position works closely with the Interactive Marketing Graphic Designer to prepare web banners and other design collateral for VacationRoost and its partners. The marketing department is growing and there may be potential for future employment. The estimated workload is 15-20 hours per week.
- Create web banners and other web related design elements
- Tri-folds and other print deliverables
- Print ordering
- Cut Out Background (COB) of employee photos
- Some Photography
- Organize Resources and Materials
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills):
We look for these skills and requirements; however, we are flexible if you have other applicable talents. A practical exam will be administered as part of the application process. Please include a link to an online portfolio of your work with your resume.
- Knowledge of the ski industry and basics of online marketing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office— strong with PowerPoint design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver
- Highly self-motivated and independent
- Ability to maintain organization and flexibility amid changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with peers on collaborative projects
Note: Our marketing department utilizes a Scrum/Kanban method for project management. Knowledge of this methodology is preferred but not required.
VacationRoost has a “work hard / play hard” company culture that includes ski days, company ski passes, a winning softball team, and company golf tournaments. The marketing department also participates in site tours, possibly allowing you the opportunity to visit our different vacation destinations. Snacks, soda and nachos are provided on a regular basis.