Customer Service Specialist
Sales | Salt Lake City, UT | Full Time
This is an entry-level hourly position that works closely with the Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), Property Management Companies (PMCs) and Guests that are booking reservations online.
This role will provide the first point of contact for service issues and will escalate appropriately when necessary. The Customer Service Specialist uses their knowledge and expertise to effectively resolve any service- related issues, while balancing the needs of the PMC, OTA, Guest and the Company.
This position will report to the Director of Operations
- Handle first level customer service issues via emails, voicemails and/or phones in an inbound and outbound call center environment.
- Assist suppliers and OTAs with reservations, changes to reservations and cancellations.
- Calculate costs and/or refunds and adjustments owed to PMC or OTA, and make adjustments to bookings.
- Take appropriate steps to ensure that customer service issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction and properly documented in all systems.
- Enhance quality of service provided by working with the customer service team to improve overall quality and to reduce errors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service experience with an excellent track record. (Other relevant experience will be considered.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively navigate and function in a Windows environment
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word
- Must possess basic mathematical skills
VacationRoost is the industry leader in vacation rentals, ski vacations and outsource partner solutions. If you are smart and creative and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, then we want you on our team. VacationRoost offers the largest and most varied inventory of vacation rentals, lodging, air, car rental and other activities from sea to ski.
By combining proprietary technology along with other industry leading software, we deliver travel and vacation rental products, airfare, car rental, lift tickets and other products with unparalleled efficiency and quality. This technology allows one stop shopping for the customer to purchase the perfect vacation rental – that can include air, ground transportation, equipment rentals and destination activities.
VacationRoost has a “work hard / play hard” company culture that encourages use of our fantastic vacation products and participation in our winning softball team and company golf tournaments. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401K and vacation time, including paid ski days and use of company ski passes.
For more information about VacationRoost, visit our web site at www.vacationroost.com. If you really want to get to know us, visit our Values Page at www.vacationroost.com/corporate/values and our At Play page at www.vacationroost.com/about-us/vacationroost-at-play.
Qualified candidates should apply online at www.vacationroost.com/about-us/careers. Please include a cover letter explaining why you fit this position and include your salary history. Resumes with generic cover letters will not be considered and will not receive a response. Please, NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES, OUTSOURCING FIRMS, CONSULTANTS OR RECRUITERS.