Legal Analyst (Japan Team)
Legal | Portland, OR | Full Time
LegitScript, recently named one of the Top 100 Workplaces in Oregon, is seeking an exceptional Legal Analyst to join our team at our Portland, Oregon-based headquarters. LegitScript is a fast-growing, Portland-based company that performs cyber investigations and Internet monitoring in the healthcare sector and other high-risk areas around the world, including Japan.
About the position:
We’re looking for a hardworking and detail-oriented attorney, para-legal or someone else with experience in reviewing laws, regulations and or contracts in both Japanese and English to join our research team. The primary focus of this role is to support our work in Japan. The position will require you to research high-risk areas such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, psychoactive substances, gambling, financial services, weapons, et al. You’ll be helping make the internet a safer place by monitoring the major internet and e-commerce platforms for compliance. The ideal candidate will have keen attention to detail, a strong legal research and writing background, and an interest in the healthcare product sector in particular.
If your legal background is in the US, we’ll likely require a J.D. If your legal background is in Japan, we don’t require a license to practice law in Japan, but you should have demonstrated experience in, and ability to, understand, research and explain Japanese laws and regulations.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. LegitScript does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- J.D. (if experience is in the US) or Bachelor’s, preferably of law (if experience is in Japan)
- Fluent Japanese and English
- 1-3 years legal experience
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent research, editing, proofreading, and writing skills
- Insatiable curiosity and a love for problem solving
- Impeccable judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Open to feedback and a dynamic work environment
• Familiarity with the healthcare/supplement sector (in Japan, US and/or abroad)
• Knowledge of internet investigative techniques
• Internet/computer-savvy (Excel wizards are especially welcome!)
Please note, this job requires a very steep learning curve. We devote several months of intensive training to all new analysts and provide them with the necessary background information and research tools they will need to become successful. Because the training is a substantial investment, we are looking for candidates that have a lot of ambition and drive, who are seeking a long-term, growth position.
This is a full-time position in our Portland office. Our workday is based around an 8:30-5:00 timeframe, but we offer flexible schedules. You must possess the required skills to apply, and part-time applicants will not be considered. Salary is competitive and depends on background and experience.
Our spacious, modern Pearl District office is cubicle-free with plenty of natural light. We have sit-to-stand convertible desks. Many of us bike to work and we have indoor bike parking. There's an ofﬁce dog. Our friendly in-house barista serves complimentary beverages every morning, and we have lots of catered lunches and social events. It's a small, culturally diverse company (about 85 people at present) where people work hard and love what they do.
In addition to competitive salaries, full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package:
• Health plan with United Health Care - We pay 75% of the individual premium and 50% for dependents (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
• Flexible spending account - We contribute funds on your behalf and allow you to contribute pre-tax (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
• 401k with automatic company contribution (available after 6 months)
• Life insurance policy that is fully paid by employer (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
• Transportation package to help alleviate commuting costs (available immediately!)
• Generous Paid Time Off policy
Bonus: We offer full-time employees extra perks like company-paid massages, gift cards to local businesses, paid time off to volunteer, company sponsorship of your hobby, and group social outings!
If you meet the requirements and would like to be considered, please respond to this ad with your resume and cover letter.
For more information on our company, please check out our website: legitscript.com. No phone calls, please!