Legal Analyst (Japan Team)
Legal | Portland, OR | Full Time
LegitScript, one of the Top 100 Workplaces in Oregon, is seeking an exceptional Legal Analyst (Japan Team) to join our team at our Portland, Oregon-based headquarters.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a hardworking and detail-oriented attorney, para-legal or someone else with experience in reviewing laws, regulations and or contracts in both Japanese and English to join our research team. The primary focus of this role is to support our work in Japan. The position will require you to research high-risk areas such as pharmaceuticals, healthcare products, psychoactive substances, gambling, financial services, weapons, et al. You’ll be helping make the internet a safer place by monitoring the major internet and e-commerce platforms for compliance. The ideal candidate will have keen attention to detail, a strong legal research and writing background, and an interest in the healthcare product sector in particular.
If your legal background is in the US, we’ll likely require a J.D. If your legal background is in Japan, we don’t require a license to practice law in Japan, but you should have demonstrated experience in, and ability to, understand, research and explain Japanese laws and regulations.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. LegitScript does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- J.D. (if experience is in the US) or Bachelor’s, preferably of law (if experience is in Japan)
- Fluent Japanese and English
- 1-3 years legal experience
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent research, editing, proofreading, and writing skills
- Insatiable curiosity and a love for problem solving
- Impeccable judgment
- Strong work ethic
- Open to feedback and a dynamic work environment
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Familiarity with the healthcare/supplement sector (in Japan, US and/or abroad)
- Knowledge of internet investigative techniques
- Internet/computer-savvy (Excel wizards are especially welcome!)
We help companies of all sizes keep their services legal and safe for consumers. We share our expertise about high-risk online activity to empower businesses, governments, and consumers to make incremental changes that will result in a secure, more transparent internet. We catch bad guys.
Our spacious, modern Pearl District office is cubicle-free with plenty of natural light. We have sit-to-stand convertible desks. Many of us bike to work and we have indoor bike parking. There's an ofﬁce dog. Our friendly in-house barista serves complimentary beverages every morning, and we have lots of catered lunches and social events. It's a small, culturally diverse company (about 70 people at present) where people work hard and love what they do.
In addition to competitive salaries, full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package:
- Health plan with United Health Care - We contribute toward individuals and spouse/ dependents (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- Flexible spending account - We contribute funds on your behalf and allow you to contribute pre-tax (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance policy that are both fully paid by employer (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- Transportation package to help alleviate commuting costs (available immediately!)
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
Bonus: We offer full-time employees extra perks like company-paid massages, gift cards to local businesses, paid time off to volunteer, company sponsorship of your hobby, and group social outings!
If you meet all of the requirements and would like to be considered, please respond to this ad with your resume and cover letter. For more information on us, please check out our website: legitscript.com.