Bilingual Japanese-English Analyst
Analytics | Portland, OR | Full Time
LegitScript, one of the Top 100 Workplaces in Oregon, is seeking an exceptional Bilingual Japanese-English Analyst to join our team at our Portland, Oregon-based headquarters.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a hardworking, detail-oriented, positive-minded candidate who is fluent in Japanese and English to join our analyst team. You would help us research and monitor the high-risk markets on the Internet. The position will require you to develop familiarity with the regulation of prescription drugs, dietary supplements, controlled substances, adult content, gambling, etc.
Please note, this job requires a steep learning curve. We devote several months of intensive training to all new analysts and provide them with the necessary background information and research tools they will need to become successful. Because the training is a substantial investment, we are looking for candidates that have a lot of ambition and drive, who are seeking a long-term, growth position.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US. LegitScript does not offer visa sponsorship at this time
- Native level fluency in Japanese and English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions from data sets
- Insatiable curiosity and a love for problem solving
- Strong work ethic
- Works equally well independently and on a team
- Welcomes feedback
- Quick study
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Familiarity with spreadsheet programs (e.g., Excel)
- Knowledge of Internet investigative techniques
- Strong writing skills
- Background in cyber-security, risk management, regulatory compliance, military intelligence, criminal justice, anti-money laundering or similar fiel
We help companies of all sizes keep their services legal and safe for consumers. We share our expertise about high-risk online activity to empower businesses, governments, and consumers to make incremental changes that will result in a secure, more transparent internet. We catch bad guys.
Our spacious, modern Pearl District office is cubicle-free with plenty of natural light. We have sit-to-stand convertible desks. Many of us bike to work and we have indoor bike parking. There's an ofﬁce dog. Our friendly in-house barista serves complimentary beverages every morning, and we have lots of catered lunches and social events. It's a small, culturally diverse company (about 70 people at present) where people work hard and love what they do.
In addition to competitive salaries, full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package:
- Health plan with United Health Care - We contribute toward individuals and spouse/ dependents (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- Flexible spending account - We contribute funds on your behalf and allow you to contribute pre-tax (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance and short-term disability insurance policy that are both fully paid by employer (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- Transportation package to help alleviate commuting costs (available immediately!)
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
Bonus: We offer full-time employees extra perks like company-paid massages, gift cards to local businesses, paid time off to volunteer, company sponsorship of your hobby, and group social outings!
If you meet all of the requirements and would like to be considered, please respond to this ad with your resume and cover letter. For more information on us, please check out our website: legitscript.com.