Bilingual Japanese-English Analyst
Analytics | Portland, OR | Full Time
Bilingual Japanese-English General Analyst
About the position:
LegitScript is a fast-growing, Portland-based company that performs cyber investigations and Internet monitoring in the healthcare sector and other high-risk areas. We are beyond the startup phase, but we have retained the best parts of a startup mentality (read: We are creative and collaborative! We have fun! We wear jeans!).
We are cybercrime superheroes doing everything we can to make the Internet a safer and more transparent place. Our historic focus, which is expanding, has been on the online healthcare product sector, where we analyze and report on rogue online pharmacies and other websites selling dangerous healthcare products. Our mission includes protecting consumers from dangers like deadly psychoactive highs, cosmetics that contain mercury, "all natural" supplements that contain dangerous pharmaceuticals, and illegal online pharmacies that fake their certifications and sell prescription medications to anyone who asks.
We’re looking for a hardworking, detail-oriented, positive-minded candidate who is fluent in Japanese and English to join our analyst team. You would help us research and monitor the high-risk markets on the Internet. The position will require you to develop familiarity with the regulation of prescription drugs, dietary supplements, controlled substances, adult content, gambling, etc.
Apply if the following list sounds like you!
- Fluent in Japanese and English (reading, writing and speaking)
- You live in the Portland metro area or are willing to move here soon for the right opportunity
- Authorized to work in the US (cannot be a temporary visa). We will not sponsor any applicants for a visa
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions from data sets
- Insatiable curiosity and a love for problem solving
- Strong work ethic
- Works equally well independently and on a team
- Welcomes feedback
- Quick study
These skills are gravy!
- Familiarity with spreadsheet programs (e.g., Excel)
- Knowledge of Internet investigative techniques
- Strong writing skills
- Background in cyber-security, risk management, regulatory compliance, military intelligence, criminal justice, anti money laundering or similar field
Please note, this job requires a steep learning curve. We devote several months of intensive training to all new analysts and provide them with the necessary background information and research tools they will need to become successful. Because the training is a substantial investment, we are looking for candidates that have a lot of ambition and drive, who are seeking a long-term, growth position.
This is a full-time, entry-level position, Monday through Friday, in our Portland office. Our workday is based around an 8:30-5:00 timeframe, but we offer flexible schedules. You must possess all of the required skills to apply, and part-time and/or senior level applicants will not be considered. Starting salary for this position is $40K-$50K, depending on background and experience.
Our spacious, modern Pearl District office is cubicle-free with plenty of natural light. We have sit-to-stand convertible desks. Many of us bike to work and we have indoor bike parking. There's a (really awesome) ofﬁce dog. Our friendly in-house barista serves complimentary beverages every morning, and we have lots of catered lunches and social events. It's a small, culturally diverse company (about 60 people at present, from over 15 different countries) where people work hard and love what they do.
In addition to competitive salaries, full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package:
- Health plan with United Health Care - We pay 75% of the individual premium and 50% for dependents (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- Flexible spending account - We contribute funds on your behalf and allow you to contribute pre-tax (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- 401k with automatic company contribution (available after 1 year)
- Life insurance policy that is fully paid by employer (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
- Transportation package to help alleviate commuting costs (available immediately!)
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
Bonus: We offer full-time employees extra perks like company-paid massages, gift cards to local businesses, paid time off to volunteer, company sponsorship of your hobby, and group social outings!
If you meet all of the requirements and would like to be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please address all of the following: 1) why you are leaving your current position, 2) why you want to work for LegitScript, 3) three professional references.
For more information on our company, please check out our website http://www.legitscript.com.