Administration | Portland, OR | Part Time
LegitScript, one of the Top 100 Workplaces in Oregon 2015 & 2016, is a Portland-based company that performs cyber-investigations and Internet monitoring in the healthcare sector. We are currently searching for a highly responsible person to join our team as in-office barista. Your job will be to fuel our team of analysts, legal eagles, and developers who are all dedicated to making the Internet a more safe and transparent place.
In this position, you will be preparing a limited menu of coffee drinks for a staff of about 75 (and growing). This is a part time position of 20 hours per week with a regular non-flexible schedule of 7:30 am to 12:30 pm Monday through Friday. Your typical day will look like this:
7:30 AM – 8:00 AM: Unload dishwashers to ensure mugs are at the ready, then fire up the machines. If milk is needed you may need to run to the store first (3 blocks away).
8 AM - 11 AM: Serve delicious coffee and tea beverages to enthusiastic employees.
11 AM – 12:30 PM: Make some additional coffee and tea for the afternoon and leave it out in air pots on the counter. Clean and break down the machine for the night, clean up barista area, order snacks and barista supplies as needed, light errands on occasion.
We are offering $15 per hour for this position, which is meant to include tips since the barista service is complimentary to employees. You will have some discretion in creating seasonal or specialty beverages for different occasions. There are no blended/frozen drinks. Employees do not pay for their coffee, so you will not need to take payments or make change.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Taking beverage orders from employees and preparing their drinks. Orders are placed in person or via email (you will have an iPad for your use)
· Maintaining inventory for the barista bar (includes placing orders with our coffee and tea vendors and ordering snacks for our snack bar), bathrooms, and office supplies
· Keeping the bins at the snack bar stocked
· Cleaning the space and maintaining equipment
· Weekly fridge cleanouts (Throwing away unmarked food, wiping out any stains)
· Back up for phone and door buzzer
· You make killer coffee, steamed milk, and espresso-based beverages
· At least 1 year previous barista experience in a high-volume location
o Those familiar with the La Marzocco Linea machine with be favored
· Must consistently be prompt, conscientious, and have a great work ethic
· Works well in a diverse environment
· Pleasant demeanor
· Exercises discretion in discussions with employees and awareness of noise level
· Must live in or near the Portland metro area and have a reliable way to get to work
About this position and your place in the company:
We strive for a fun and drama-free environment here at LegitScript and our barista is an integral part of that. You will find yourself as a main hub of activity in the morning as people gather around for beverages. You will often hear coworkers talking about company news or about the projects they are working on. We expect our barista to be able to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality, even among staff. Our ideal candidate has a great sense of what is and is not appropriate workplace banter and will be capable of creating a fun yet professional environment at the coffee bar.
This is a part time position in a company comprised mainly of salaried full time individuals. We wish to be clear from the start that because this position is part time, it is therefore not entitled to the same benefits our full time employees receive. That said, we do offer the following benefits to our part time staff:
· Paid sick time that accrues at a rate of .033 hours per hour worked.
· Bi-monthly company-paid lunches from local restaurants
· Free coffee and snacks
· Paid holidays (Office is closed with pay on Jan 1st, Memorial day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving day, Dec 24th, Dec 25th, and Dec 31st). Any approved time off that is not a holiday and not sick time will be unpaid.
· The love and affection of a very sweet office dog
Please respond to this ad with your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should include information about yourself, what drew you to this ad, and why you think you would be a good fit. We are looking to fill this position ASAP so please also list your available start date.
We do not accept walk-ins or in-person applications. Interviews are by appointment only.
We do not wish to receive any responses from recruiters. Principals only, please.