Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Human Resources Coordinator
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Inc. (LSEM), a non-profit law firm that provides free civil legal assistance to people living with low income/low opportunity, seeks a dynamic Human Resources Coordinator to assist the Director of Human Resources with coordination and administrative support in all areas of Human Resources, including posting job openings, scheduling interviews, communicating with job candidates, maintaining records and files, scheduling events and meetings, and helping to provide HR support to staff. Please note that that due to Covid-19, all LSEM employees are currently working remotely.
- Maintains employee records, electronic and paper, ensuring completion and accuracy of details
- Posts open positions using our applicant tracking system, places ads on job boards, as directed, communicates with candidates throughout the hiring process, and schedules interviews.
- Makes sure all new hire paperwork is completed, runs background checks and employee eligibility verifications, get employee set up in HR systems.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and training and development.
- Schedules and supports agency-wide information meetings such as open enrollment, staff meetings, training sessions and continuing education.
- Assist the Director of HR with preparing presentations and employee communications
- Conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Handles benefits and employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director of HR.
- Assists with intern orientation and programming during the summer.
- Assists Finance with administrative duties, including mailing and filing invoice payments, depositing checks remotely, and preparing deposit slips.
- Assist the Director of HR with special projects relating to HR, IT or Finance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of relevant experience preferred, with at least one year in human resources highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn LSEM’s HR systems.
How to Apply:
Click here to upload your resume and cover letter through JobScore. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous time off policy, 403(b) and profit sharing plans, long-term disability and life insurance, employee assistance plan, and flexible spending account.
Submission Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Equal access to LSEM’s office is available. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact the Human Resources Director at the e-mail ketucker @lsem.org. LSEM is an equal opportunity employer.