Accounting | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Inc. (Legal Services), a non-profit law firm providing free civil legal assistance to low income/low opportunity individuals in 21 Eastern Missouri counties, is seeking a full-time Grant Accountant to perform the accounting and financial service functions for programs funded by grants and restricted donations. These functions include: preparing financial projections and budgets, actual v. budget reporting, reviewing/monitoring of individual grants and transactions for compliance with private, local, state and federal fund requirements, billing and collections, journal entries, and financial grant reporting, including preparation of reports for granting authorities and the organization’s annual audit. The Grant Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and is expected to work extensively with managers and staff in other departments, as well as grant funders.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly grant financial reports.
- Prepares grant budgets for applications.
- Prepares grant invoices and follows up on collection of amounts due.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations and grant contracts.
- Monitors performance of contractual partners.
- Reviews employee timecards from the case management system for accuracy in use of grant funding codes and prepares cost allocation reports based on timekeeping system and payroll.
- Develops positive working relationships to foster a collaborative environment for grant coordination and oversight.
- Performs other accounting tasks necessary to segregate duties within the department.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting principles, including nonprofit and/or governmental accounting.
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance regulations for federal grants.
- Proficiency in various computer applications including accounting software, Excel, databases, word processing software, and websites.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for accuracy. Detail oriented. Monitors own work to ensure quality. Takes initiative and displays independent thinking.
- Excellent communication skills to relay information to department heads and uphold organizational values and ethics.
- Prioritizes work in coordination with department, organization, and funding agency deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years of general accounting experience or equivalent experience managing grants. This should include processing complex financial transactions, ensuring compliance with legal or contractual requirements, recordkeeping and preparation of monthly, quarterly and/ or annual reporting.
How to Apply:
Upload your resume and cover letter through JobScore. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous time off policy, 403(b) and profit sharing plans, long-term disability and life insurance, employee assistance plan, and flexible spending account.
Submission Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Equal access to LSEM’s office is available. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact the Human Resources Director at the e-mail ketucker @lsem.org. LSEM is an equal opportunity employer.