Strategic Partnerships Manager
Sales & Sponsorships | San Luis Obispo, CA | Full Time
We’re seeking a Strategic Partnerships Manager to support and develop our partnerships channel strategy, drive new revenue-generating sponsorship deals, and provide post-sale account management for a select group of high performing partners, including destinations, agencies, vendors, and brands.
Our ideal candidate:
You must have an entrepreneurial spirit. You thoroughly enjoy sales, negotiations, and building partnerships, and you have a track record of being a master of all three.
You’re ready and excited to jump into a small team that works hard and plays hard. You should feel comfortable developing high level strategy and then implementing it at the ground/hands-on level. Cold calling is not foreign to you, and you relish in the thrill of finding the right partner and closing a deal.
- Identify prospects and build a strong pipeline of new partnerships (including destinations, agencies, vendors, and brands) aimed at building long-term revenue streams
- Develop and maintain relationships with current partners to drive new revenue
- Develop and enhance sales materials and partnership packages: tailoring packages to meet unique client needs and optimized to close
- Manage the RFP process from start to finish, including developing qualified leads and accelerating them through the sales process
- Collaborate with team members to close deals and maximize revenue opportunities across the LeftLane Sports Family of Brands
- Serve partners as an account manager, providing exceptional support through the campaign lifespan: pitching, negotiating, campaign creation and execution, wrap-up reporting/post mortem
- Ensure that the partner’s promotion and visual concepts and campaigns are consistent with and compliment the LeftLane Sports Family of Brands and our Mission
- Represent the Family of Brands globally; travel domestically and internationally (as appropriate) to forge and nurture relationships and close deals with vendors and destinations
- Work cross-functionally with executive team and other internal stakeholders to ensure partner campaign success
- Develop press relations to continually grow customer and partner list, build brand awareness, and enhance engagement
- 3-4 years professional sales experience needed
- Superior strategic and relationship skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
- Ability to influence/persuade others and gain acceptance/approval of controversial or innovative ideas and concepts.
- Ability to implement strategic plans
- Good negotiation, program management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills
- Self-confident; highly motivated; high energy; ability to work under minimal supervision; good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills including a high level of competence using the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and tools such as Slack, G-Suite
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, new challenges, and changing priorities/objectives.
- Knowledge and love of outdoor industry/brands/lifestyle is a plus
About Our Company
Founded in 2009, LeftLane Sports exists to inspire and enable you to live a healthy, adventurous, and more sustainable life. We've built a family of brands dedicated to pursuing this mission. Those brands include LeftLane Sports, The Clymb, Seshday, ACTIVE GearUp, and PlanetGear.com.
Each day we work to provide our 14 million members a unique shopping experience combining expertly curated selection and top-notch service. We also help put that gear into action by offering adventure travel experiences to all 7 continents.
We're explorers and innovators who push the boundaries of personal and professional development in our industries and in the natural world. We know that the products that we sell, the trips and services that we offer, the stories that we tell - these are not just things people buy. It's who they are. We are building an ecosystem to enhance the quality of their lives and support them doing what they love.
We hope you'll join us!
- Base Salary + incentive bonus
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Equity & Stock Participation
- Profit Sharing Retierment Contribution
- Sick Time
How to Apply
- Reply directly to this post.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.