Programmer / Web Developer
Programming / Development | San Luis Obispo, CA | Full Time
LeftLane Sports is seeking a talented programmer to join our development team in San Luis Obispo, CA. The position reports directly to the VP of Technology.
LeftLane Sports is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the Outdoor Industry. We are at the forefront of e-commerce technology and innovation, and we are passionate about serving our members. We focus on delivering experiences that can't be beat and ensuring the highest standards of service for our customers. What we do is not easy. It requires passionate, productive, smart, and efficient team players that are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. As such, we look for only the best of the best to be on our team.
We’re looking to hire a candidate with a passion for technology and coding, strong attention to detail, and an analytical mind. You’ll be part of a team developing on the leading edge of e-commerce, so you’ll be called upon to build innovative software with clean, secure code.
We are always focused on creating amazing user experiences, and that means we sweat the details. We pay careful attention to security, edge cases, and error handling. We serve over 14 million customers across 5 different websites, so we need our code to perform at the highest level.
If you’re ready to work with a team of talented engineers and designers and play a critical role in the growth of a leading e-commerce company, then come join us!
- Develop and implement new applications used by over 14 million customers
- Improve existing applications, services, and databases
- Create responsive eCommerce websites for our Family of Brands.
- Improve current functionality and overall user experience across sites.
- Take on new and unique challenges in a fast-growing business
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 2-4 years professional experience
- Great engineering skills and strong computer science fundamentals
- Knowledge of: ASP.NET, C#, SQL - queries and stored procedures
- HTML5/CSS (with multiple browsers)
- Solid debugging skills
- Detail-oriented with strong eye for quality and consistency.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges.
- Must be able to handle several projects simultaneously
- Work closely with VP of Technology, project manager, and other team members to achieve objectives
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Love of the outdoors is a plus!
- Competitive Salary
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Profit sharing
- Ownership Participation
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Company Discount
About Our Team:
Our small team has the enormous responsibility and almost unheard-of privilege of developing for over 14 million outdoor, endurance, and action sports enthusiasts. We manage 10 distinct brands with varying audiences. Some days are challenging, some days are immensely rewarding, but every day we help people get outside. That makes us happy, and we think it’ll make you happy too.
About Our Company
Founded in 2009, LeftLane Sports exists to inspire and enable you to live a healthy, adventurous, and more sustainable life. We've built a family of brands dedicated to pursuing this mission. Those brands include LeftLane Sports, The Clymb, Seshday, ACTIVE GearUp, and PlanetGear.com, and more.
Each day we work to provide our 14 million members a unique shopping experience combining expertly curated selection and top-notch service. We also help put that gear into action by offering adventure travel experiences to all 7 continents.
We're explorers and innovators who push the boundaries of personal and professional development in our industries and in the natural world. We know that the products that we sell, the trips and services that we offer, the stories that we tell - these are not just things people buy. It's who they are. We are building an ecosystem to enhance the quality of their lives and support them doing what they love.
We hope you'll join us!
How to Apply:
- Attach your résumé.
- Provide a link to your portfolio
- Tell us why you belong here.