Supply Chain Planning Manager
Purchasing | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
Supply Chain Planning Manager
Oversee supply & inventory planning activities, maintain and control inventory levels consistent with LD’s needs and policies. This includes maximizing customer service levels while simultaneously minimizing risk and reducing cost through effective supply planning, replenishment scheduling and inventory management. This person will also be responsible for developing, implementing and continuously improving systems, processes and communications to improve customer satisfaction and drive standards of excellence throughout the supply chain.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead the execution of all inventory and supply planning activities for multiple warehouses including LD’s own warehouses, 3PL and Amazon FBA locations.
- Hire, train, coach, develop, and evaluate team of Supply Planners.
- Develop, monitor, drive and communicate key company, department and individual metrics. Key metrics include minimizing inventory run-outs, inventory turns, excess/aged inventory, PO accuracy, etc…
- Responsible for the continuous evaluation, review and optimization of inventory turns, service levels and inventory levels.
- Drive alignment internally with other departments to ensure we are building best practices for LD Products.
- Review and optimize stocking strategies.
- Monitor and escalate supplier performance issues.
- Ability to use supply chain optimization models and perform detailed analysis to determine optimal supply chain strategies and tactics for various product categories.
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents (work process or personnel execution issues) and identify corrective actions and systems improvements to prevent future occurrence.
- Oversee the mentoring and training process of planners to ensure they can perform corrective system maintenance. Assist planners as needed.
- Oversee variance processing from vendors and ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize variances. Ensure necessary corrective action is taken as well as maintain adequate records are kept on variance processing.
- Build and maintain good supplier and customer relationships.
- Manage the relationships of LD’s carrier partners like UPS, USPS along with the shipping processes and spend.
- Experience in replenishing products, especially for Amazon FBA is required.
- Medium to advanced skills with Excel (V-Lookups, Pivots, etc.).
- Strong leadership ability
- Proven analytic capability
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of inventory management and purchasing concepts
- Demonstrated capability validating, cleanup and analysis of large data sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, computer science, mathematics, or equivalent. *required* MBA a plus.
- Experience in managing/training Supply Chain Planners is required.
- Six Sigma / APICS certification preferred
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- Predominantly Office Environment with occasional visits to warehouse
About LD Products
LD Products Inc. was founded in 1999. Since that time, it has grown to become one of the largest online retailers of printer and office supplies. With over 160 employees in state of the art headquarters located in Long Beach, CA, our team dedicates itself to exemplary customer service and innovative solutions.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary. LD Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. LD Products considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. LD Products is an E-Verify Employer.
Check us out on social media!