Finance/Accounting | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
LD Products is a tech-savvy company that considers ourselves the ecommerce experts. Why? Because we have the dynamics of a start-up with the stability of a 15+ year leader that has become one of the largest online retailers of office & printer supplies in the U.S. with its corporate office in Long Beach, CA. Since our inception, we have made customer satisfaction our number one goal. We have been recognized for exceptional customer service with numerous Bizrate Circle of Excellence awards, and the Stella Service Seal of Excellence.
We currently have an opening for a Staff Accountant / Accounts Payable position, which will be responsible for all areas of the General Ledger, including month end close, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and reporting. This position will also be actively involved in the Accounts Payable process including matching, obtaining approvals, batching, coding and entering invoices and purchase orders, entering, posting, preparing reports, processing payments and statement reconciliations. A successful candidate will be able to handle multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as the ability to interface with all levels of personnel professionally and effectively. Candidates must possess the ability to be punctual, reliable, and display strong attention to detail.
Responsibilities would include:
- Month End responsibilities, including P&L flux analysis, journal entry preparation and reporting.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations for Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Petty Cash, Deferred Rent. Journal entries to record monthly depreciation expense, amortization of prepaids, petty cash replenishment, etc.
- Processes incoming/outgoing wire transfers. Posts wires.
- Weekly check runs and selection of vendor invoices to pay, in accordance with weekly forecast
- Overseeing bank/cash account administration (i.e., set up new accounts, monitor balances, etc.)
- Ensure all financial obligations of company are met in a timely manner.
- Sales & use tax returns and tax compliance in various tax jurisdictions.
- Property tax returns.
- Obtain reseller certificates, w-9’s and distribute annual 1099’s as needed.
- Type approximately 50 keystrokes per minute.
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Solid skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook are preferred.
- Team oriented person who can focus on the details.
- Experience using Navision or other financial reporting software preferred but not required