Why LD Products:
Small pond? Yes
Autonomous team structure? Yes
Big company perks? Yes
Small company culture? Yes
Free cake? Sometimes
We are a privately owned e-commerce retailer based in Long Beach, CA and have been in business for a little over 12 years. We have 160+ employees at our Long Beach location and another 10 abroad. We have enjoyed a track record of success and are continuing to thrive and grow!
What's in it for you:
• Cutting edge technology in a casual, yet fast paced environment
• Work with a team of highly talented developers who are more interested in building great products than hierarchy and ego domination
• The company overall is innovative and energetic and is a great place to work. We have a wonderful work environment and we are dedicated to providing you with any resources you need
Our engineering team consists of 5 developers who work primarily in a LAMP environment. Current and future projects cover the full gamut of PHP and e-Commerce development. From evaluating new technologies to scaling our present infrastructure, to re-building our backend solutions for maximum flexibility; we do it all. The perfect candidate will have 5+ years working as a developer, with at least 2 years of experience on LAMP stack.
• Be involved in the full life cycle development process
• Interface with clients; gather requirements, code and development, support and maintenance
• Develop web-based CRM, online publishing, e-commerce and content management applications
• Work on multi-platform developing products in the internet, digital media and mobile arenas
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• Experience with SOA, Magento development and/or AJAX libraries
• ERP experience (NAV, SAP, Oracle) is ideal
• MySQL/SQL Server knowledge and experience is ideal
• 3 years+ using source control systems : SVN or Mercurial
• Strong understanding and ability to apply OOP concepts and Design Patterns
• Experience with any e-Commerce apps: Magento, osCommerce, Websphere, Zen-Cart, Amazon APIs
• Experience with web technologies : Yahoo UI libraries, Memcached, Reddit, Hadoop, CDN (Akamai or Limelight), JSON, Ajax libraries, Eclipse
• Exposure to infrastructure: Linux, VM, Cloud servers
• Exposure to bug tracking systems: Bugzilla, Mantis
• Knowledge in: e-mail deliverability, SEO, cookies, web sniffers, Firebug, search algorithms, browser issues
• Past work with scrum/agile teams a plus – ideally in a team of 4 or more
• You must have initiative. Once you have the system running locally in the development environment, you should be able to figure out how all of the processes work.
• You must be a team player – no exceptions
About LD Products
LD Products Inc was founded in 1999. Since that time, it has grown to become one of the largest online retailers of printer supplies in the US with its office in Long Beach, CA. With over 160 employees and a 100,000 square foot corporate headquarters/fulfillment center, the team dedicates itself to exemplary customer service and innovative solutions.
LD Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. LD Products considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.