Sr. Manager SEM Strategy (eCommerce Marketing)
Marketing | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
We are a privately owned e-commerce retailer based in Long Beach, CA and have been in business for over 12 years. We have 160+ fantastic employees, along with a state of the art office and warehouse. Our teams have enjoyed a track record of success and are continuing to thrive and grow!
Working alongside the established 15 member marketing team and reporting to the Director of Marketing, you will be in good company as you build the new SEO team; responsible for leading and managing the transition of our searcg strategy and management from a 3rd party provider to this new in-house team. You'll be building a team that you will manage, so your search expertise along with leadership, management, analysis, and strategic thinking skills are critical. Seriously; this role requires strong analytical and strategic skills, honed from years of experience and a passion for data-driven marketing methodologies and techniques.
Special note: We have thousands of product skus and millions of keywords. It's really important for you to have managed search initiatives for large numbers of products and keywords.
Areas of responsibility:
- Build and manage SEM team
- Transition SEM campaigns to internal team
- Continually launch and maintain SEM campaigns
- Mitigate risk and maintain company integrity by mandating “white hat” SEM practices
- Continually optimize campaigns to successfully drive ROI and run-rate
- Develop and implement new strategies for portfolio expansion
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, development, and products teams to enhance performance and user experience
- Maintain knowledge of current SEM best practices, concepts, statistics, trends and industry developments
- Google Adword and Analytics certifications a Plus
- High level of proficiency with Doubleclick, Kenshoo, and other like tools
- 2+ years of experience managing a small team
- 3+ years of experience with pay-per-click (PPC) search engine advertising across Google and Bing
- Experience managing large keyword portfolios (>100,000)
- 5+ years of experience in performance-based online marketing or analytics
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Solid organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Ecommerce and/or retail industry experience