QA Manager - LAMP eCommerce
Technology | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
The LD Products development team QA Manager is responsible for the development and execution of all phases of software quality assurance for our multiple ecommerce sites. The QA Manager will supervise 3 QA team members who require regular input that includes smart QA direction, technical best practices, mentorship, technical and professional performance, and occasional shenanigans.
Responsibilities of the QA Manager:
- Manage the day to day quality assurance duties for various assigned projects
- Management of the QA team to include performance reviews, hiring, coaching/mentoring, and professional development
- Maintain and optimize software quality assurance standards for the software development/implementation lifecycle
- Manage prioritization and resolution of software defects. Hands-on development and execution of automation scripts using Selenium
- Lead and participate in QA activities during all phases of our projects from requirements elaboration, design/development, test and integration.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all QA related documentation
- Work with front-end development to define test strategy
- Execution of test phase consistent with project schedules
- Propose, implement and measure best practice solutions, methods and processes to further improve and facilitate the QA workflow
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing a QA team
- 6+ years of progressive QA engineering experience
- Experienced with Selenium and Python
- Proficiency in Linux command shell
- Knowledge of modern browsers such as Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox and debugging tools such as Firebug
- Demonstrated experience detailing bugs for optimum communication to development team
- Familiarity with software development process tools (JIRA, Git, SVN, etc)
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Functional testing, system/integration testing, regression testing, and performance/load testing
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build relationships, and communicate with others across all levels of the organization, including peers and executives
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum
About LD Products
LD Products Inc was founded in 1999. Since that time, it has grown to become one of the largest online retailers of printer supplies in the US with its office in Long Beach, CA. With over 160 employees in state of the art headquarters, our team dedicates itself to exemplary customer service and innovative solutions.
LD Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. LD Products considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.