PHP Developer - LAMP Stack
Technology | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
PHP Developer - LAMP Stack
About LD Products
LD Products Inc. was founded in 1999. Since that time, it has grown to become one of the largest online retailers of printer and office supplies. With over 160 employees in state of the art headquarters located in Long Beach, CA, our team dedicates itself to exemplary customer service and innovative solutions.
Our engineering team works primarily in a LAMP environment. New projects are generally coded in Python. Current and future projects cover the full gamut of PHP and e-Commerce development. From evaluating new technologies to scaling our present infrastructure, to re-building our backend solutions for maximum flexibility; we do it all. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years working as a developer, with at least 2 years of experience on LAMP stack.
We'll count on you to:
• Be involved in the full life cycle development process
• Interface with clients; gather requirements, code and development, support and maintenance
• Develop web-based CRM, online publishing, e-commerce and content management applications
• Work on multi-platform developing products in the internet, digital media and mobile arenas
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering
• Experience with Magento development is plus
and/or AJAX libraries
• Experience with web technologies: Responsive design, HTML5, JQuery, Memcached, JSON
• MySQL knowledge and experience is ideal
• 2 years+ using source control systems : SVN, Mercurial, or Git
• Strong understanding and ability to apply OOP concepts and Design Patterns
• Experience with any e-Commerce apps: Magento, osCommerce, Websphere, Zen-Cart, Amazon APIs
• Exposure to infrastructure: Linux, VM, Cloud servers
• Exposure to bug tracking systems: JIRA, Bugzilla, Mantis
• Past work with scrum/agile teams a plus – ideally in a team of 4 or more
• DevOps and Sys Admin skills greatly appreciated
• You must have initiative. Once you have the system running locally in the development environment, you should be able to figure out how all of the processes work
• We know everyone says this – we mean it! We work in a team environment so being a team player is a must.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time off (PTO) / Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401K matching
LD Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. LD Products considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. LD Products is an E-Verify Employer.