Jr. Network Administrator
Technology | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
Our internal IT department is growing to continually deliver high-quality, customer-focused, first and second level technical and end-user support for the organization.
Responsibilities of the Jr. Network Administrator
Configuration, light administration, and support of our desktop technologies used company wide. The Jr. Network Administrator consistently responds to and updates support requests, applies analytical skills to assess and resolve technical issues related to computing needs of end-users, and ensures computing equipment is maintained with current software updates, patches and configuration standards.
- Configuration of computing equipment (PC/Mac, laptops, tablets, mobile)
- OS and software installation
- Basic hardware maintenance
- User account setup and maintenance
- Remote access/VPN
- Data encryption
- Installation of printers and/or other wired and wireless peripherals
- Provide network server administration for physical and virtual servers, including print and file servers, network backup, domain servers and applications support
- 2+ years of experience providing desktop, server, and/or network technical support; ability to install, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop computers, laptops, network servers, printers, smart phones, and other computing devices.
- Knowledge of common desktop and personal computing applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Lync, call center client applications, internet browsers, security software, etc.
- Skilled in consistently delivering exceptional customer service related to troubleshooting and resolution of issues related to network connectivity, logon credentials, and associated peripherals including mobile and tablet devices.
- Ability to plan and organize daily work activity by prioritizing and completing assigned tasks, following up on open requests, and maintaining service requests using help desk ticketing system.
- Ability to utilize inventory system to track, document, and manage all company issued equipment to include desktops, laptops and other equipment.
- Setup and manage the audio visual systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using standard English grammar, spelling and punctuation; able to clearly articulate questions and statements amongst co-workers; ability to create effective technical documentation.
- Ability and willingness to provide after-hours technical support as assigned or needed.
- Ability to lift, move and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008 and higher, Exchange 2013 administration and Lync Server 2013 administration.
- Experience with Dell KACE 1000 and 2000 Management and Deployment Appliances
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent professional and technical experience