Finance/Accounting | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
About LD Products
LD Products Inc. is an e-Commerce company founded in 1999. Since that time, it has grown to become one of the largest online retailers of printer and office supplies. We have an extraordinary fun culture of 200 employees between 4 locations. Our state-of-the-art headquarters is in Long Beach, CA, and our team dedicates itself to exemplary customer service and innovative solutions.
We are looking for a fun, energetic, self-driven Controller who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done. You must be able to prioritize deadlines and enjoy working in fast paced environment where you can exercise your teamwork and communication skills. You will oversee a team of 12 and report directly to the CEO, while ensuring the financial health of LD Products through preparing, maintaining and analyzing financial records.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
• Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Monitor accounting and internal control policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and reliability of the financial transactions and records.
• Communicate directly with lenders.
• Streamline entire monthly and annual closing processes.
• Work with CEO and Department Heads to develop long-range strategic business plans.
• Manage the preparation of all financial reports, including the monthly and annual Financial Statements.
• Play a key role in improving operational effectiveness and efficiency across the organization.
• Provide monthly analysis of operating results and update forecast
• Provide technical guidance on accounting pronouncement and ensure the Financial Statement are compliant.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process by department on quarter and annual basis.
• Lead the planning, coordination, and implementation of the annual capital and operating budget process in collaboration with other department leaders.
• Oversee the daily operation of the finance and accounting department
• Participate in critical decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Review of Monthly Financial Results and make recommendations on performance improvements.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with Accounting staff to provide ongoing coaching and mentoring.
• Lead inventory planning and optimization
• Manage the inventory cost accounting to ensure proper accounting of all inventory-related costs as well as any obsolescence/slow-moving reserve
• Ensure adequate staff growth and appropriate challenges in staff development including opportunities for cross-training.
• Oversee and sign off on annual audit reporting
• Participate in software updates that effect Accounting team.
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile.
• Analyze and recognize potential exposure or liability on a timely basis.
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and legal issues affecting the industry.
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
• Maintain relations with external CPA firm and investigate their findings and recommendations.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirement.
• Oversee and manage the 401(k) plan
• 401k audit committee
• Insurance Benefits
• Oversee Payroll and time deposit remittance
• Analysis of Sale Tax monthly, quarterly and annually for US and international subsidiaries.
• Co-manage banking activities and develop financing alternatives.
• Optimize existing banking portfolio and identify new banking relationships and debt strategies for development.
• Ensure effective management of liquidity and all funding sources to secure most favorable terms when borrowing is required.
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts.
• Arrange for debt and equity financing.
• Manage the daily cash collection and reconciliation process.
• Negotiate and secure debt financing.
• Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
• Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the companies
Work hours & Benefits:
• 401(k) with up to 4% match
• Vacation time 20 days PTO, plus your Birthday!
• Generous Company sponsored health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, and various Voluntary benefits)
• Career advancement opportunities. Over 90% of LD's leadership was promoted internally
• 110K square feet state of the art campus in Long Beach, blocks from the NEW LBX
• Company sponsored events throughout the year
• Company on-site gym and trainer
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
• Proficient with ERP systems, MS Dynamics Navision preferred
• Must have advanced Excel skills
• 5-10 years’ progressive accounting/finance experience
• Prior experience in warehouse, ecommerce/retail industries preferred
• 5+ years of experience managing a team
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary, other duties may be assigned as necessary. LD Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. LD Products considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. LD Products is an E-Verify Employer.