Finance/Accounting | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
Our Accounting team is on the grow, currently looking for a strong Accounting Manager who will manage a small team while ensuring the integrity of financial information of the general ledger. Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will have oversight of the day-to-day accounting activities of the team.
Learn more about us by visiting our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ldproducts
• Financial integrity includes strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practical application and ability to apply new accounting standards to current practice.
• Consolidation includes overseeing the month-end closing process to ensure timely and accurate financial information, as well as preparation of the base financial statements in comparative format with supporting documentation and/or calculations.
• Manage, train and develop associates.
• Work with external auditors and interact with executive management.
• Identify areas of opportunity in the organization and drive change to improve current business practices.
• Monitor accounting and internal control policies and procedures to ensure accuracy and reliability of the financial transactions and records.
• Streamline entire monthly and annual closing processes.
• Prepare, review, approve and interface journal entries.
• Verify accuracy and completeness of all entries posting to the general ledger.
• Manage the daily cash collection and reconciliation process.
• Manage the inventory cost accounting to ensure proper accounting of all inventory-related costs as well as any obsolescence/slow moving reserves.
• Prepare and review reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
• Analyze and recognize potential exposure or liability on a timely basis.
• Prepare monthly written financial variance analysis to explain material differences between comparable period results.
• Provide general ledger information and answer questions from individual department heads in such a way that quality customer service is maximized.
• Assist departments with accrual related information and training.
• Publish preliminary monthly departmental expense reports on a timely basis for review to ensure accurate and final month-end result.
• Identify areas of opportunity in the department and implement required changes to improve efficiency of reporting, operational procedures and processes, or improved analysis of data.
• Delegate duties and responsibilities to maximize the efficiency in the department.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with Accounting staff to provide on-going coaching and mentoring.
• Ensure Accounting staff completes routine work and special assignments with accuracy to meet departmental and company objectives.
• Ensure adequate staff growth and appropriate challenges in staff development including opportunities for cross-training.
• Prepare, review and support financial schedules for all external auditors and ensure that all required audits are completed in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
• Big 4 CPA firm with audit experience is ideal
• Proficient with ERP systems, MS Dynamics Navision preferred
• Must have advanced Excel skills
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
• Prior experience in warehouse, ecommerce/retail industries preferred
• 2+ years of experience managing a team
About LD Products
LD Products Inc was founded in 1999. Since that time, it has grown to become one of the largest online retailers of printer supplies in the US with its office in Long Beach, CA. With over 160 employees in state of the art headquarters, our team dedicates itself to exemplary customer service and innovative solutions.
LD Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. LD Products considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.