Finance/Accounting | Long Beach, CA | Full Time
This role was cloned from the one Svetlana Casey filled. Please see Svetlana's profile for details.
LD Products is looking for a strong Accounting Manager who will be responsible for all accounting and financial functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly close process, monthly reporting senior management, forecasting and planning, annual preparation of a budget, assist in the preparation or quarterly tax projections and annual tax return preparation and treasury administration. The Accounting Manager will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. The Accounting Manager will be expected to work effectively and diligently cross functionally to ensure the achievement of the Company’s objectives in a resourceful and effective way. The successful candidate will have the ability to drive continuous process improvement and ensure consistency in policies and procedures across the organization. The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, detail oriented and well organized, and should excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented, ever-changing environment.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments. Make recommendations for controls where necessary. Analyze and report potential exposure or liability on a timely basis with recommendations.
- Develop, improve and manage the month end closing process and documentation. Issue timely monthly and annual financial records
- Establish and consistently enforce policies and procedures that encourage strong internal controls, ensuring security of assets, controlling the cash disbursement and general accounting processes.
- Manage asset ledgers and analyzes, plans and controls capital expenditures
- Review Accounts Payable and provide vendor payment/check run list for approval
- Record and maintain Fixed Assets transactions and related schedules
- Manage the inventory cost accounting ensuring adequate internal controls and physical safeguards are maintained. Direct and oversee cycle count program in addition to coordinating efforts on annual physical inventory.
- Prepare monthly written financial variance analysis to explain material differences between comparable period results.
- Develop and manage budgeting process. Collaborate with divisions across the organization to ensure compliance and controls.
- Prepare, review and support financial schedules for all external auditors and ensure that all required audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Identify areas of opportunity in the department and implement required changes to improve efficiency of reporting, operational procedures, processes, and improved analysis of data.
- Delegate duties and responsibilities to maximize the efficiency in the department.
- Ensure Accounting staff completes routine work and special assignments with accuracy to meet departmental and company objectives.
- Ensure adequate staff growth and appropriate challenges in staff development including opportunities for cross-training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 plus years of progressive professional experience with 2 plus years of experience managing a team. External audit with a Big 4 or large Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Firm preferred.
- Proficient with ERP systems, MS Dynamics/Navision preferred.
- Strong computer skills required. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (i.e., macros, pivot tables, etc.) desirable.
- Very detail oriented with the highest standards of accuracy and ethics
- Strong ownership of work product
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to summarize complex problems in a concise manner that can be understood across different levels and business functions
- Team player with ability to pitch in where needed
- Ability to “roll up your sleeves” and dig into the details of issues
- Prior experience in warehouse, ecommerce/retail industries preferred.
Learn more about us by visiting our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ldproducts
About LD Products
LD Products Inc was founded in 1999. Since that time, it has grown to become one of the largest online retailers of printer supplies in the US with its office in Long Beach, CA. With over 160 employees in state of the art headquarters, our team dedicates itself to exemplary customer service and innovative solutions.
LD Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview. All hiring decisions are subject to immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements. LD Products considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. LD Products participates in the E-Verify program.