Finance | St. Helena, CA | Full Time
Lawrence Wine Estates supports a growing collection of wine estates in Napa Valley. The collection includes Heitz Cellar, Burgess Cellars, and Stony Hill Vineyards, all wineries with a deep legacy in Napa Valley, as well as four new brands that are anchored by distinct estate vineyards. Since the purchase of Heitz Cellar in 2018, owner Gaylon Lawrence and Master Sommelier and CEO Carlton McCoy have continued to acquire unique vineyards and now seek to launch new brands to realize more fully the potential of more than 600 acres of Napa Valley vineyards. All the estate brands honor traditional wine styles and prioritize natural farming techniques to create pure and balanced wines of the highest quality. Lawrence Wine Estates is actively expanding, creating a fast-paced environment. This endeavor creates a unique work culture where winemaking and vineyard traditions are honored, but the spirit is entrepreneurial. Lawrence Wine Estates works closely with Demeine Estates, the sales and marketing partner for each of the wine estates.
The primary role of the Financial Analyst will be to support the FP&A Manager and CFO in the development of scalable FP&A processes, tools, and reports in a growing and evolving environment. This is a dynamic position; a strong performer will have ample opportunity to take on increased responsibilities and advance quickly within the organization.
- Develop and prepare reports to keep management informed, while embracing technology to improve reporting efficiency and scalability
- Develop and maintain KPI dashboards in cloud-based tools
- Assist with all budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Support and promote digital transformation across the Company
- Assist with valuation modeling (evaluating new business opportunities)
- Strive for continuous improvement of FP&A processes
- Partner with all areas of the business to facilitate smarter planning
- Bachelor's Degree with significant coursework or work experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar areas of study
- 1-3 years of business-related experience with a quantitative focus.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to build interactive business models that are easy to follow
- Ability to work with complex data from disparate sources
- Advanced analytics skills, including comfort manipulating and analyzing large datasets, experience building complex and dynamic Excel models, and familiarity with BI / visualization tools (Power BI preferred)
- Experience with cloud-based business planning tools (e.g. Anaplan or Adaptive) is a plus
- Familiarity with data infrastructure and ability to write queries (SQL preferred) is a plus
- Desire and ability to learn new tools quickly
- Passion for continuous, self-driven learning with a mindset for continuous improvement
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving, often in situations that are ambiguous
- Willingness to work extended hours when needed
- Strong communication skills: written and oral. Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
- Experience with Microsoft NAV (now Business Central) or similar ERP systems is a plus
- Data Science coursework is a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Other Requirements: Employee must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Driver’s License, and be insurable by company standards.
Benefits: health, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) program with employer match, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO), and paid holidays.
To Apply: Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter.