Facilities Project Manager
Operations | St. Helena, CA | Full Time
Lawrence Wine Estates supports a growing collection of wine estates in Napa Valley. The collection includes Heitz Cellar, Burgess Cellars, and Stony Hill Vineyards, all wineries with a deep legacy in Napa Valley, as well as four new brands that are anchored by distinct estate vineyards. Since the purchase of Heitz Cellar in 2018, owner Gaylon Lawrence and Master Sommelier and CEO Carlton McCoy have continued to acquire unique vineyards and now seek to launch new brands to realize more fully the potential of more than 600 acres of Napa Valley vineyards. All the estate brands honor traditional wine styles and prioritize natural farming techniques to create pure and balanced wines of the highest quality. Lawrence Wine Estates is actively expanding, creating a fast-paced environment. This endeavor creates a unique work culture where winemaking and vineyard traditions are honored, but the spirit is entrepreneurial. Lawrence Wine Estates works closely with Demeine Estates, the sales and marketing partner for each of the wine estates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the company wide Injury and Illness Prevention Plan.
- Collaborates with COO, vineyard, and production teams to develop and maintains the Business Continuity Plan for all facilities.
- Follows company, winery, department, and legally mandated safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating repair and maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Ensures that all work performed on facilities is consistent with quality control standards and expectations set forth by the company.
- Offers recommendations with regard to new methods, equipment and procedures to improve operational efficiencies and optimization of facilities.
- Responsible for the safe, effective, and efficient operation of all facility equipment, assuring proper maintenance protocols are adhered to.
- Monitors and documents quality control for outside contractors performing repair and maintenance activities.
- Conducts facility inspections for sanitization and organization.
- Serves are primary facilitator of communications between Lawrence Wine Estates managers and outside contractors and vendors for facilities related projects, including new construction, renovations, and repair and maintenance.
- In collaboration with the COO, facilitates the bidding process for large projects.
- Responsible for managing contractor adherence to established budgets without compromising the quality of the project.
- In collaboration with the COO and contractors, develops detailed preconstruction budgets and detailed preconstruction critical pathway and timeline for projects.
- Develops creative solutions for significant issues that arise during the project, mitigating any negative impact on budget or timelines.
- Routinely reports project status to COO, including budget and timeline variances.
- Prior to commencement of the project, documents and records all contractors hold any and all licenses, permits, certifications, and insurance required to perform their designated tasks.
- Models and demonstrates professionalism and performance standards when interacting with internal employees and external vendors.
- Suggests methods and/or systems to improve operations, processes, efficiencies and communications.
Facilities and Grounds Maintenance
- Implements system for inspecting, documenting, and tracking maintenance and upkeep of all assigned facilities.
- Creates and implements processes for vineyard, production, and administrative team members to report repair and maintenance issues.
- Schedules structural and infrastructure systems repair for production, office, hospitality, and administrative buildings.
- Schedules routine structural and infrastructure systems maintenance for production, office, hospitality, and administrative buildings.
- Coordinates internal and external (contractor, vendor, etc.) resources to optimize repair and maintenance quality, expense, and timing.
- Schedules all structural pest control inspections and required treatments; documents all work and notifies employees of any required treatments.
- Assures all repair, maintenance, and structural pest control work is compliant with federal, state, and local regulations, codes, and permitting.
- Acts as contact for related vendors and service representatives, including but not limited to landscaping, HVAC, repair and maintenance, etc.
- Implements system for inspecting, documenting, and tracking maintenance and upkeep of all fleet vehicles; documents all repairs or routine maintenance.
- 3-5 years of construction or facilities management experience
- Experience managing multiple large projects.
- Supervisory experience managing outside contractors and vendors
- Mechanical aptitude requiring knowledge and experience in maintenance
- Ability to work well with a diverse population and with all levels of management
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with County and City of Napa permitting processes.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and speaking) with Spanish proficiency preferred.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve problems and set priorities
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and perform basic math and basic measurements
- Ability to read and interpret building plans, site plans, and engineering calculations
- Ability to work extended shifts and irregular hours
- Valid Driver’s License and be insurable by company standards.
- Full body mobility: Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hand tools, reach and raise hands above the head, climb stairs, kneel or crouch, talk, hear, and accurately taste and smell.
- Able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Hearing ability adequate to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work in dynamic range of temperatures and weather conditions.
- Able to work in and outdoors.
- Can sustain extended periods of standing or walking on concrete floors.
- Able to work irregular and variable hours and days.
- Able to safely and effectively wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Capable of safely and effectively operating a forklift.
Benefits: health, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) program with employer match, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO), and paid holidays.
To Apply: Each qualified candidate is invited to submit a resume and cover letter.