Sales Manager - Bakery
Sales | Waltham, MA | Full Time
About Us: Since 1977, LaVallee’s Bakery Distributor has built a reputation throughout New England for quality breads that win customers over from the first bite, and personable service that constantly surpasses expectations. All of us at LaVallee’s work daily to create a culture of pride, service and trust that defines our relationship with customers, partners - and each other.
About You: You love food (especially baked goods) and have fun connecting customers with a great product you can believe in. You will succeed in this position if you are:
- Experienced: You know baked good and have been selling and maintaining your own food-related accounts for at least a year.
- A team player: You thrive when you’re a part of a team bringing your personal best to the job every day.
- Service-oriented: you’re a people person who is organized and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills. You like to visit your customers regularly.
- Driven by results: you are conscientious and persistent about meeting (and beating) your sales goals.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a family business environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift and you are willing to work extended hours if necessary.
About the Job:
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing accounts
- Maintain customer satisfaction through frequent and consistent calls and travel to customer location
- Conduct regular cold call to develop new business
- Introduce new products to existing accounts
- Work with vendors to introduce new products to the market of customers
- Act as the main point of contact for customer inquiries and concerns
- Maintain up to date customer contact information
- Maintain daily call and contact log
- Maintain up to date order tracking and reporting
- Research and report on local market pricing
- Plan and execute on regional account plan including identification of high-value prospects through research and referral
- Communicate pipeline and current customer results including sales activity, growth plans, retention, and in weekly 1-on-1 with supervisor.
- Meet or exceed sales goals
- Maintain customer pricing contracts within guidelines provided
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity
In return for your hard work and commitment, LaVallee’s provides great pay, medical benefits for you and your family, paid time off, discounts on products, and incentive pay opportunities.