Delivery Route Driver
Operations | Waltham, MA | Full Time
About Us: Since 1977, LaVallee’s Bakery Distributor has built a reputation throughout New England for quality breads that win customers over from the first bite, and personable service that constantly surpasses expectations. All of us at LaVallee’s work daily to create a culture of pride, service and trust that defines our relationship with customers, partners - and each other.
About You: We are looking for drivers who have a passion for delivering 100% customer satisfaction through consistent, high quality service.
- You have your High School Diploma or GED
- You have a minimum of one year of driving experience in route delivery and sales
- You have a valid driver’s license, DOT card (or ability to acquire one) and an excellent driving record
- You are proud of your professional appearance
- You are known for your clear and appropriate communication and friendly approach
- You are a self-organized individual with a professional demeanor
- You have solid organizational skills and are known for your follow up
- You are looking for a job with a company that has high expectations
- You are physically capable of using a two-wheeler to load and deliver stacks and boxes of bakery goods up to 6’ high weighing up to 100 lbs to customer facilities, including moving items up or down stairs or difficult to reach locations
- You are able to distinguish product dates and related coding as well as able to read and comprehend policies and procedures
- Working a delivery schedule that includes holidays doesn’t bother you.
About the Job: This is an exciting opportunity as a hands-on route driver involving customer service, sales, delivery and account collection. It requires physically demanding work and includes ensuring effective customer communications, managing a route independently and promoting route growth through active personal sales and account retention.
In return for your hard work and commitment, LaVallee’s provides great pay, medical benefits for you and your family, paid time off, discounts on products, and incentive pay opportunities.